What's new

B&B group buy for Japanese kitchen knives**Update post 307**

Well there is a couple of dishes that come to mind that will give your knives a work out- but don't serve them together :w00t:

Cole slaw and French onion soup- lots of cutting.

Well there is a couple of dishes that come to mind that will give your knives a work out- but don't serve them together :w00t:

A nice stew with lots of veg cut up into it is good too, there's also meat to cube up. :thumbup1: A good mix of things especially for those looking to built a patina on the carbon knives.

i cant even tell you guys how excited i am for you to get your knives... its going to be sweet. The only sad thing is that after this, you are going to spend the rest of your time trying to get your edges back to what Dave does ;)

Is there a rule on this forum about posting pictures of your new stuff or getting banned? There should be :p

I'm the Third Musketeer on this one, I'm afraid. :ohmy:

But yeah, waiting a bit longer is no big deal. I appreciate the attention to detail that Jon and Dave are adhering to, so it's all good.

Sorry Doc, but I guess bad things happen in threes lol.....least we will have a sharper edge longer than anyone else LOL!!!!!

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd

That will certainly get a nice patina going for all of you carbon fans.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
i cant even tell you guys how excited i am for you to get your knives... its going to be sweet. The only sad thing is that after this, you are going to spend the rest of your time trying to get your edges back to what Dave does ;)

Is there a rule on this forum about posting pictures of your new stuff or getting banned? There should be :p

Oh heck . . . should be no problem. I've got some kinda sharpening wheel on the back of my can opener. Ought to do the trick. :lol:

I got my knife Saturday via USPS a 240mm carbon Yoshihiro gyuto, nice to be close to Dave :biggrin: my first impression was wow maybe I ordered too big of a knife, but since using it since Saturday it has a very good natural feel and balance so it don't feel as big as it looks, my other wow was the edge I still can't get over the edge on a knife this big, every thing I use it on it is like a laser going through it. It is so sharp I could probably shave with it but it would leave a hell of a mark it I slipped :lol:

I really can't say enough about the balance I used other German, Swiss and much cheaper Japanese and other knives and the metal on this falls somewhere in between not super thick and not real thin as is seems to be the trend on knives lately which I am not fond of.

I ordered a magnum maple block from the boardsmith to use it on, and I had momentary thoughts of sharpening it myself as after all I do my other knives and straight razors but after using it and feeling this edge I am not even going to attempt it in fear of messing it up and will just send it to Dave once a year for a tune up.

Thanks to Dave and Jon and others on B&B who made this possible :thumbup:
Unfortunately another AD could be beginning.

Top Bottom