What's new

How many times /day do you freshen up with AS?

depends on the staying power of the scent, ie clubman, brut, AV, OS, no freshen up needed, now with ivy club scents, barbasol scents, 2 or three freshen ups are needed, depends on what you like, i guess.

That's funny you should ask that. I don't know if this has been discussed before, but lately I have been wondering if anyone else does this. I usually shower a couple times a day (when I go out walking with my wife) and usually wash my face before going to bed. I usually splash on some AS afterwards.

Yes, some people find it odd but to me there's nothing better than splashing on some AS before bed. Very soothing.

I normally shave at night, so I splash on the AS. And I normally put some on in the morning before heading to work.

Only once a day after my morning shower. Occasionally, I'll put some on after shaving at night, usually the 4711. It doesn't last to the morning, but I really enjoy having it on around bedtime.

I almost exclusively use Tüff Sensitive aftershave which loses its already faint herbal scent after two or three minutes - in summer I'll keep it in the fridge and apply it two or three times a day for refreshment.

I'll usually put some on in the morning - whether I shave or not. The only time I would apply at another time is after an evening shave/shower (after a workout or all day in the hills...) or if I am going out.

My wife has told me she doesn't want to smell anything but me when I get into bed. No enhancements needed. :lol:

Lucky guy!

I usually use AS in the morning after a shave and Thayers at night before bed. If I wear a cologne it is also a once a day thing. Perhaps, I should try a few splashes during the day. :biggrin1:

My morning AS after my shave then and I always take a quick shower at night to rinse off and splash some of my less used ones like AV, AV/Musk and Pinaud products. Just to get through some of the stuff I have.

If not a quick shower, I will at least wash my face in the evening before bed. That's followed by quick splash of AV and its sack time. No single product 4711, pinaud, AV, just what ever seems nice.

After a hot day, run a little cold water in the sink, splash some Osage Rub in the water, and wipe your upper body down with a wash cloth. Feels great.

I only use aftershave once on the days that I shave. I only shave about every 3rd day or so. I shave in the morning after my shower, because if I shave at night, my morning shower irritates my neck.

Aftershave for me is only applied after my shave... The rest of the day i'm wearing one of my colognes and because of the nature of my job (inside an office) it lasts for the majority of the day. !

Aftershave for me is only applied after my shave... The rest of the day i'm wearing one of my colognes and because of the nature of my job (inside an office) it lasts for the majority of the day. !

Same here, though I don't much go for colognes anymore. But I have found that a morning application lasts most of the day, at least until after lunch. My Clubman and Old Spice tend to linger a little longer, and I occasionally get whiffs throughout the afternoon.

2 times a day Right after I shave and again after work before I go out for the evening. Unless I am using Clubman or Brut they have extra inning power.:thumbup1:

I've actually been applying it more frequently since it's been hot. Up to 3 or 4 times a day.

I'll throw a splash on and put some on the back of my neck or in my hair. Helps to cool down and feel refreshed.

It also helps to get through some of those less-than-favorite bottles.

Though usage and application definitely depends on the product. I like to use the lighter summer fragrances for this sort of thing - lime, lavender, etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom