What's new

Merkur Moustache Razor???

I recently placed an order with classicshaving.com for a Moustache Razor because I like to trim my moustaches in different styles. The electric razor does a decent job but leaves the usual stubble. Does anyone own one of these Moustache Razors? Are you satisfied with it? Disappointed? Let me know what you think so I have an idea of what to expect before it arrives.

While the razor itself may work well, it's biggest downfall is lack of blade choice. The only blades available are the Merkur blades, and on the whole Merkur's DE blades are held in very low regard on this board.

So effectively if the Merkur blades don't work well for you, you are now stuck with a useless razor.

I am also not convinced that the Merkur Mustache Razor can do anything that can't be done equally well with a DE razor, or Schick Injector. (the Schick Injector has a very slim profile head, and might be better for the kind of work you want to do over a regular DE razor).

While the razor itself may work well, it's biggest downfall is lack of blade choice. The only blades available are the Merkur blades, and on the whole Merkur's DE blades are held in very low regard on this board.

So effectively if the Merkur blades don't work well for you, you are now stuck with a useless razor.

I am also not convinced that the Merkur Mustache Razor can do anything that can't be done equally well with a DE razor, or Schick Injector. (the Schick Injector has a very slim profile head, and might be better for the kind of work you want to do over a regular DE razor).

Thanks for the reply, i didn't know Merkur blades were low quality blades. When I ordered my first DE razor I also ordered a few packs of the Merkur Platinum Blades. But with this last order I ordered a sort of grab bag of different brand name blades. In your opinion what is the best blade you have used?

Top Bottom