What's new

Edwin Jagger Sea Buckthorn Aftershave Balm

Hey guys, this stuff is amazing. It smells wonderful and does a pretty good job moisturizing. I got a free sample from the English Shaving Company and now I'm trying to order a full size, but it seems that they don't carry it...pretty odd. Why would you send a sample for something you don't have the full size to purchase!

Anybody know where I can buy this?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for all the great responses! I emailed TESC and they told me there was a glitch in their website and now the product is up. I'll check the websites you guys posted as well.

I also just got a sample of this, but from Highland MensCare (as linked above); it came with some Castle Forbes I just ordered. Man oh man was it a great follow-up to the CF Lime. I think I'm in scent Heaven tonight...

thanks for the link. That looks like a really great site. Prices are very reasonable.

i tried the EJ Sea Buckthorn Lotion today (a sampler) and WOWSERS! that stuff is good and smells even better.

very pricey though:thumbdown $30-40 a bottle, compared to my $5.99 tube of Real Shave Company that i can get locally

perhaps a MANGO alternative, but i'm having a hard time finding that too

Last edited:
Can someone describe the Sea Buckthorn scent for me? I have the Aloe cream, soap, and balm and really like it. I've been debating trying the SB soap lately.

Can someone describe the Sea Buckthorn scent for me? I have the Aloe cream, soap, and balm and really like it. I've been debating trying the SB soap lately.

To me, the EJ Sea Buckthorn line smells like a ripe peach -- it's definitely fruity, but not really a citrus scent. It's unique, and definitely worth sampling.

correct! but why so EXPENSIVE? anyone know of a similar one that doesn't cost $30/100ml

I only bought the real bottle a week or so ago. What I've found is that a little goes a long way. But if $30 is too much, then it's too much. I think MB has something with Sea Buckthorn in it, but hers is described as virtually scentless, so I don't understand it.

I only bought the real bottle a week or so ago. What I've found is that a little goes a long way. But if $30 is too much, then it's too much. I think MB has something with Sea Buckthorn in it, but hers is described as virtually scentless, so I don't understand it.

thanks. i might have to break down and buy a bottle.

I talked to MB about her SB (sounds very weird).

SB is virtually scentless so the formula for EJ and Muhle has other ingredients that give it the delicious fragrance.

For the record, it is my favorite.

I asked others to describe the scent and they said like a ripe cantaloupe melon.

I see Amazon has it for $26.66.

When I bought it about 6 months ago, it was $22.00 and I don't remember where.

If you find it for a great price, please let me know.

I got a sample from Razorbladesandmore, I think its worth it if you have sensetive skin and suffer from razor burn.

It really works. I tore my face up with the slant applied this stuff and the pain was gone. :thumbup1:

Ive tried other stuff and just does not work like this.

Of the half dozen or so creams and balms I've tried, Edwin Jagger's sea buckthorn line is my favorite. I haven't found another cream and balm that offers the combination of latherability, comfort, moisturization, and scent of these products. Pricey, yes, but my last bottle of Jagger balm lasted about five months.

Top Bottom