What's new

Did I just miss out?

That is most definitely an ABC razor and I want to know how I missed that. Somebody stole what appears to be a very fine razor. I hope it was somebody from the forum...

Crap I wish that person was me, next time go with the gut huh. My biggest problem was I couldn't find a solid value for it (you can't search using the term "ABC" in the BST forum), I was guessing maybe $40?

It can be difficult to search for ABC sets here on the forum. You can try 'American Button Company' because sometimes people spell it out. Or you can just try 'pocket.' Either of those two might turn up a few more hits for you.

As to a price ... it's hard to say. It looked like there were no bent teeth. And most of the plating appears to be there. I probably wouldn't have bid more than $20 because I don't care for yellow gold and I tend to be cheap. I managed to snag a silver one in that style with the case on eBay for $30. But I've seen similar ones go for $75+. You never can tell with eBay.

Nothing to worry about - there will always be other razors. Don't bother looking for price guides - what is it worth to you? I tend to go low, especially when the pictures are out of focus. Have fun and good luck.

Yup. That's a bulldog, at least to the best of my knowledge. Again, it's hard to say what something is worth. Like 'live2ride' said - What's it worth to you? That is usually my question. I'll look around to see what others have paid and then decide what I'm willing to pay. That's what it is worth to me. That particular razor ... I don't know. I was watching it and had planned to bid that much, but then the guy put up the extra photos that showed the crack and the plating loss to the head. That took the 'worth' down for me and I didn't bid. One that was in mint condition sold a day or two later for upwards of $125, if I remember. But again, that one was mint, whereas this one was not. Condition really can make a big difference.

Ahh I didn't see the extra pictures.

I totally understand the "value to you" proposition but I also like the whole treasure hunting aspect. Sitting in front of a computer for 8 hours a day leaves me with few other outlets :001_smile

Top Bottom