What's new

What Are You Reading?

Nothing right now but i did recently finish a book called "the curious incident of the dog in the night-time" by mark haddon, i would highly recommend.

I decided to read all Tom Clancy (Jack Ryan) novels in chronological order. I'm on Cardinal of the Kremlin now.

Haha. I'm currently reading Red Storm Rising and next up is Cardinal of the Kremlin. I think it's been 20 years since I read Red Storm and I've never read Cardinal.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397315726.994821.jpg

I've been enjoying all of the Hard Case Crime novels so far.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I still think Clancy's Without Remorse may be his best work ever.

Yes, it was. Everything he has written since Jack Ryan's character was retired (at least as a main character) seems to be written by someone else. I won't ever bother to read the latests.

George Washington's Rules of Civility. Of course they are incorrectly attributed to him as he copied oral dictation as a school boy. Interesting reading none the less.

Stone Cold by C.J. Box. I read a lot of fiction. Many of some of the premier authors of North America and the UK.

But I have to say I think C.J. Box is at the very top.

Under the Volcano by Malcolm Lowry. IMHO, this is one of best novels of the 20th century. This will be my third time reading it in the last ten years.

I'm reading Damned by Chuck Palahniuk who also wrote Fight Club. Damned is so so. It seems a lot more juvenile than his others, however, I thing that is the point of this book as the main character is a 13 year old dead girl in hell. I would recommend any of his early stuff.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
"The Boat," by Lothar-Günther Buchheim. I went to the library, and in the entryway they have a shelf of free books. I was browsing, and this one caught my eye. The author's name sounded familiar, and between the title and his German name, it was pretty easy to connect the dots. You don't have to speak German to translate "The Boat." And the tattered covers says "Now a major movie," so there's that.

"A Nice Little Place on The North Side" by George Will. A pretty good history of Wrigley Field, a park my wife and I visited last summer during a six parks in seven days bus tour.

"Sous Chef..24 Hours on the Line" by Michael Gibney

Want to know how it's done in the back of the house?? Pick up copy and you just may be surprised. This is the reason I picked up the culinary trade as a second (for lack of a better term) "career".....

I just finished up with the last released A Song of Ice and Fire (aka Game of Thrones) book. Just started a reread of the Wheel of Time books. I was about 8 or 9 books in when Robert Jordan passed, and I gave up on the series. Then I recently heard about the guy who finished righting the series after Jordan's passing and how he supposedly did such an amazing job, that I decided to do a reread and finish the series.

I just finished up with the last released A Song of Ice and Fire (aka Game of Thrones) book. Just started a reread of the Wheel of Time books. I was about 8 or 9 books in when Robert Jordan passed, and I gave up on the series. Then I recently heard about the guy who finished righting the series after Jordan's passing and how he supposedly did such an amazing job, that I decided to do a reread and finish the series.

Brandon Sanderson did a pretty good job. I feel he struggle writing for one specific viewpoint character, but over all I was pleased with the 3 books he did.

Check out the following page to help you with your re-read.
http://www.encyclopaedia-wot.org/

Top Bottom