What's new

Personna blades confusion

Red IP, Blue Personna, medical grade Personna, Crystal blades ...

I'm confused. Could an expert please clear the confusion? Which ones are supposed to be good blades?

Is Crystal made in Israel the same as Red IP?

There are many posts about this, but the condensed version is:

Israeli Personas = Crystals = Blue and White wrapped blades labeled Super Platinum on the blade wrapper. These are marked Super Platinum Made in Israel on the blade itself.

Red Pack Personas = Personas in a red package and with a red blade wrapper. These are marked Persona Platinum Chrome on the blade. These are made in Israel which is indicated only on the spine of the 5-pack cardboard box not on the blade itself.

Medical Personas are made in ASR's plant in Virginia and are labeled Medical Personas on the wrapper. These come in bulk packages.

Crystals/Israeli Personas and Red Pack Personas are different blades even though they are made in the same factory. They're all good blades and YMMV as to how they work for you.

- Peter

I would guess, that this is the blade you talk of when you say Blue Personna:

proxy.php

I only know of one vendor that sells them (http://www.shaveabuck.com), and there have not been too many reviews of them.

I tried a couple of them, and they were not awful, but far from my favorite blades. I traded them to someone that loved them.

There are many posts about this, but the condensed version is:

Israeli Personas = Crystals = Blue and White wrapped blades labeled Super Platinum on the blade wrapper. These are marked Super Platinum Made in Israel on the blade itself.

Red Pack Personas = Personas in a red package and with a red blade wrapper. These are marked Persona Platinum Chrome on the blade. These are made in Israel which is indicated only on the spine of the 5-pack cardboard box not on the blade itself.

Medical Personas are made in ASR's plant in Virginia and are labeled Medical Personas on the wrapper. These come in bulk packages.

Crystals/Israeli Personas and Red Pack Personas are different blades even though they are made in the same factory. They're all good blades and YMMV as to how they work for you.

Excellent summary, Peter! :thumbup1:

Red Pack Personna.

I seem to recall ASR not owing up to where the Reds were made. I do not believe they are made in Israel, tho. John at West Coast Shaving has the story, I believe.

I have 100 of the Red Personas. It is marked on the side of the 5-pack box "Made in Israel".

- Peter

I have 100 of the Red Personas. It is marked on the side of the 5-pack box "Made in Israel".

I have 200 of the $10/100 Red Personnas from West Coast Shaving, as currently listed on their website. They do NOT have "Made in Israel" anywhere on the box, but that's what WCS says about them on the web site.

Last edited:
newb here, so I apologize for the ignorance..

I picked up a blister pack of DE blades in a Personna branded package from the local wal-mart (a pack of ten for less than $1.75). the blades themselves come in a plastic dispenser and have 'Made in USA' stamped on the tab. I use a shavette style Parker and have had some pretty decent results with them so far..any info on these blades?

newb here, so I apologize for the ignorance..

I picked up a blister pack of DE blades in a Personna branded package from the local wal-mart (a pack of ten for less than $1.75). the blades themselves come in a plastic dispenser and have 'Made in USA' stamped on the tab. I use a shavette style Parker and have had some pretty decent results with them so far..any info on these blades?

I bought the same blades with the Army and Air Force Exchange Service "Exchange Select" on the card for $1.49. I've had four excellent shaves with the first blade. Sunday was the fifth with it and although still a no-pulling, very close shave, my face was a little tender afterwards.

That could've been due to me switching from the easy to lather Van Der Hagen Deluxe soap to the Williams Mug, which I'm not familiar with yet and didn't lather as well. A few applications of Thayer Witch Hazel with Aloe (and glycerine and vitamine E) throughout the day helped minimize the tenderness.

I start the week of Williams soap challenge today, and for that have decided to use the Red Pack Personnas from WCS.

Don't let anybody detract your opinion of the williams bro. I've been using this stuff for years now. I dont even keep it in a mug, just a soap holder tray thingy. I hold in my left hand, dip it in the sink to get it wet, have my brush wet and ready, and just go to town swirling it, 10-15 secs is enough for 3-4 passes on a 22mm vulfix super badger brush, (face latherer). Lot's of williams haters on here for some reason, dont know why though. More for me i guess!

Top Bottom