What's new

SOTD - 5-11 October 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simpsons Chubby | English Fern | Wade & Butcher 7/8 "The Ottoman Egyptian and Royal Windsor Razor" | Rasage Opaline | Knize Forest

proxy.php

Monday:

Noxzema
Omega 49
Speick SC
1940's SS with Gillette Platinum (Day 1)
Alum Block
Speick AS
Osage Rub
Hydrolast Peppermint ASB

First shave with a safety razor in some time. Definitely faster, easier and smoother, but not as comfortable as my straights.

Monday

CF Pre-Shave
Rooney Heritage Victorian Super
Penhaligon's BB Cream
Mach3 with Rooney handle
Penhaligon's BB ASB

Focusing more on a close comfortable shave, and tolerating a little stubble during the shave. Judging from how smooth it was when all was said and done, things seem to tighten and close up nicely. Best shave I've had in awhile!

Hot shower / CF Preshave
Harris Arlington stick
B&B LE '08
Mergress on 1 w/Feather - d1
WWR / CWR
Harris Arlington splash
C&S Neroli

Time: 7:15am
Razor: iKon/New
Brush: 22mm Bocote SilverTip
Blade: Red Pack Personna (4th shave)
Cream: Saint Charles Shave Matcha Green Tea Shave Soap
Pre-Shave: None
After-shave: Portland General Store TABAC After Shave Splash

Description: This might have been one shave too many for this razor blade. I started out by lathering up a generous proportion of the SCS Matcha Green Tea Shaving Soap and had a nice luxurious lather. I started shaving with the grain and immediately felt the feel of a pull. I should have stopped and changed the blade right then, but decided to push through.

The shave wasn't bad. I ended up with a relatively close shave that was pretty comfortable, but it's no where near as smooth as I've been used to. The key areas are pretty good, especially my chin and upper lip, but the jawline and even my cheeks leave something to be desired.

Oh well, I liked the shave soap, I liked the after shave, and I liked the irritation free shave, so overall I can't complain too much about this early Monday morning shave.

Hardware: Gillette Black-tip w/Derby Blade, B&B Essential, Weller Bowl

Software: Dave's Mystic Glycerin Lavender Preshave, Pre de Provence soap, witch hazel, SCS Lavender ASB

Still working, so it must be a good Monday.

Merkur Long-handled Classic with a Feather
Savile Row 3128 Silvertip
Salters Citrus Shaving Cream
QED DaVinci Water Tonic
D.R. Harris Classic Cologne

Monday

Schick 500 Injector / Chinese-made Schick-branded Injector blades / Semogue 750 Mixed Badger / Proraso Pre/Post / Proraso Aloe and Green Tea shaving soap /Dickinson's WH / Alt-Innsbruck after shave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom