What's new

💎 💎 💎 SOTD - “Unknown Gems" Theme Week - September 11th - 17th, 2023 💎 💎 💎

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOTD: 17th September 2023.

6.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power 24H Fresh Effect Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Wrights Coal Tar Bar Soap.
Brush: Semogue 1470.
Face Lather.
Lather: Lea Shave Stick.
Blade: Personna Gem PTFE (D2)
Razor: Razor: Ever Ready 1914. (US) (brass)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Cien Sensitive ASB./Milton Lloyd Essentials no9 EdP.

Relaxing Sunday morning shave

Greetings,

A wonderful performance from the Ever-Ready 1914.

The audio feedback you get from these vintage shaving tools for me personally is incredibly satisfying.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd Essentials no9 EdP to the chest & pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_7373.jpeg

1) Great Britain: Brush Simpson Trafalgar T3.
2) China: Shaving Cream Urban Mess.
3) England: Razor Gillette Flat Bottom Tech.
4) China: Razor Blade Yellow/Pink Flying Eagle.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Poland: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm.
7) USA: EDT Calvin Klein Free For Men.
8) USA: Lather Bowl Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
Simpson Chubby 2 in Best
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Mergress XL
Blade
Personna Medical Prep
Aftershave
Thayers WH & TOBS Sandalwood ASB
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10
Comments
I decided to change razors today and went with my Mergress XL with a Personna Medical Prep blade. At one time I had a number of adjustable razors but this is my last one. Today’s brush is a Simpson Chubby. This brush easily loads soap and feels great on my face. The MdC soap is on its 225th shave. A perfect shave. Have a great day, folks.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Razor: Shield Razors Predator
Blade: Personna Gem PTFE

Pre: P.A.A. Original Cube 2.0

Lather: P.A.A. Atomic Pumpkin
Brush: Ever-Ready 100
Bowl: Bluff Cove Pottery

Post: P.A.A. Alum Block w/ No-Slip Grip System & Dry Dock System
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

I'm already kicking myself for not jumping on this year's release of Atomic Pumpkin but I have this sample that a good friend of mine sent me so at least I have it to enjoy.

I was totally feeling it today with the sky being overcast and all. It felt more like fall than the typical hot, late summer weather we usually get here in So. Cal. So, pumpkin bay rum it is.

I turned the CK-6 soap into some great lather (which is to be expected) using my restored Ever-Ready brush. Even though the soap's lather is amazingly slick, I wanted the full P.A.A. experience so I did a prewash with The Cube. You really can't beat the slickness this thing adds.

The scent of the lather is outstanding and quickly put a smile on my face. The specific pumpkin note is more than just a straight forward one and is rather alluring, especially when paired with Phoenix Shaving's awesome Atomic Bay Rum. I highly suggest you grab this one this year before it's gone. I promise you'll thank me.

The Shield Razors (Gem) Predator is interesting and enjoyable. With its titanium matte finish it's smooth on the skin but also has a really nice grip.

As far as the shave goes I ended up without any weepers but experienced some tugging along the way. I'm certain that was due to using a used blade instead of a new one. I admit that I didn't take the time to find my stash of new blades and instead just grabbed the first one I found.

I did a three-pass shave and legitimately earned a bbs. This razor is genuinely a nice piece of titanium shaving art.

I'm really stoked for this razor. With that said, check out Shield Razor's other DE and SE razors.

20230916_102607.jpg

Razor: Schick I1 injector razor
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Yaqi Panda in black & white tuxedo synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Truefitt & Hill Apsley
Aftershave: Seaforth! Heather Aftershave Toner
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

Status
Not open for further replies.