What's new

The MMA Thread

Supposedly, Bisping said on a sirius xm show that 16 "test" fighters were brought in for cm punk. And he lost 15 times, not sure how much truth there is behind that. But if he can't beat those guys, he will have a very tough time beating established mma guys.

Read on sherdog that ronda thought about suicide after getting beat by holly. I may have wanted her to lose, but i dont wish what she revealed to anyone.

she may need a sports psychologist.

She did say she still considers herself to be undefeated in that interview. To me, you are either beat by the better fighter or you made a mistake. It seems shes not ready to admit either one.

She did cry during that interview, and i have a feeling she was telling the truth about how she felt. Because no way shes that good of an actress.

Ronda said "I still consider myself undefeated, because being undefeated is a choice". And the audience clapped. :facep:

She's delusional. She can't handle (or admit) that she lost, so she changes the rules - and these special rules only apply to her, not her opponents. If she's so fragile that losing ONE fight leads her to either: contemplating suicide, or immediately having children - then she is in need of some serious help. (I'm quoting where she said that after she lost, in the hospital she looked up at Travis Brown and thought to herself, I'm nothing w/o the belt... I need to start having his babies).

Ronda is insufferable. That was all calculated PR to get sympathy. She's even worse than I always thought. I hope she never comes back.

I agree in part. She was calculated in sharing that in an interview designed around her re-emergence. But I also think she could benefit from some mental health assistance. She has probably defined herself by her career, and nothing else. And not just her career, but being in a whole new "winning" category of champion. There has to be some delusion in there, and so she has little to hang onto after defeat. It seems she is creating more delusion to cope with the loss (still undefeated). Not healthy...

I also think she set herself back wrt being a role model successful 21st century woman, when she described having "his" babies. That comment seemed particularly 19th century.

I haven't been a fan of her's, but she certainly has been a marketing machine.

So, the bellator event last night.

i was able to watch kimbo and the other guy, along with ken and royce. What a garbage fight kimbo/dada was, wow do these guys ever climb a flight of stairs?? And ken/royce stopped by a nut shot? Feels like bellator set back mma a few years with those two fights.

Silva vs Bisping is on fight pass, that sucks! I guess i wont be watching that one.

Last edited:
So, the bellator event last night.

i was able to watch kimbo and the other guy, along with ken and royce. What a garbage fight kimbo/dada was, wow do these guys ever climb a flight of stairs?? And ken/royce stopped by a nut shot? Feels like bellator set back mma a few years with those two fights.

Silva vs Bisping is on fight pass, that sucks! I guess i wont be watching that one.

Nah . . . Bellator is just filling the "freak-show" void left when Zuffa bought Pride. Could not be bothered to watch any of that mess. Glad to read it lived down to my expectations.

Ronda has been on a PR campaign of epic proportions since her loss to Holm. the saddest part is that, rather than "humanizing" her, it has revealed even more telling psychological issues than were previously thought to exist. she cannot even play the "victim card" well, as evidenced by her appearance on Ellen.
She clearly had become so wrapped up in her own hype that the notion of a loss has completely destroyed her. Now, instead of going the Conor route (lucky punch, I will destroy holm in the rematch, etc.) she is trying to soften her image and become "relatable", and no one is buying it. At least, no one in the MMA world. This seems more calculated to make sure that, if she DOES lose the rematch, she will still have revenue streams available post-MMA. Sorry, Ronda, but if you aren't winning, Hollywood will not be bothered. Cruel, but true. Carano at least has a SMALL amount of presence in front of the camera.

Top Bottom