What's new

President Palin? **Warning, read post #286**

I
I too have heard the "voices" bit about Palin. Can anyone confirm through Snopes, FactCheck, etc.? It wouldn't surprise me one way or the other or if it is just campaign rubbish but then very little surprises me and even more delights me. Have been around some who also claim to be hearing voices so I told them to say "hi" for me because I couldn't hear them; but one never knows does one?
I was skimming through the posts when I had to do a double take on that...:lol:
for a moment, just for a moment...:lol:

One, two, ten, nor twenty rotten apples will ruin the barbershop, cause threads to be removed, etc.

Here is what's going to happen fellas. I've wiped a bunch of posts from this thread and sent out some PM's/Warnings. If you didn't get a PM, that doesn't mean you didn't act out or get out of line.

Moving forward for this AND ALL OTHER BARBERSHOP THREADS, if you intentionally act out to get a rise out of others, act in an ungentlemanly manner, attack a member or members, or in ANY other way require your posts to be moderated based on inappropriate behavior - depending on the severity, you will be either 1.) Be asked to leave 2.) Have your access/ability to read, and post to the barbershop turned off.

We will not be shy about invoking #2 with little provocation as the BarberShop is a privilege, not a right. Be a gentlemen - and there will be no issues, however it is of extreme importance I point out just because SOMEONE ELSE acts out, and provokes you - doesn't mean you should drop to their level and do similar. If someone acts out - voice your problems via the report a post feature (the little paper with a red dot icon to the right of the post number) and alert the mod team, and we'll deal with it as fast as possible.

Kudos to the time and effort taken to prune this thread, I was wondering if we were going to see it again. As much as this school of moderating takes extra dedication I'm glad to see this thread return, rather than just getting nuked or locked.

That being said, as a Canadian observer I'd prefer not so see Palin a 72 year old's hearbeat away from being potentially the most powerful person in the world. It's time for the president to lead on Economic issues and not Moral issues. I think that the other ticket would do a better job are returning some semblance of economic stability to the states.

Which does affect me directly, as many of my customers export their products to the states, if people aren't buying I'm not selling and I see my comission checque shrink.

Kudos to the time and effort taken to prune this thread, I was wondering if we were going to see it again. As much as this school of moderating takes extra dedication I'm glad to see this thread return, rather than just getting nuked or locked.

+1

Well, I for one think Palin would be an acceptable President should she need to take over for McCain. I personally think that alot of the criticism directed toward her has been sexist. Maybe she doesn't have the experience people would like but neither does Obama. I think she connects we regular people and they can see themselves in her. She's not Ivy League educated, she and her husband own a small business, grew up like average people in a small town.

I think she can be a little cutesy at times because I think she's trying too hard to be liked. If she just was direct and cut the act people would like her more.

Besides, it doesn't really matter. Those that don't like her can rest easy knowing that Obama is going to win thanks in large part to the fraud being perpetuated on his behalf by ACORN. But i think that in four years time he'll be ousted when all his groupies realize his change message was little more than a bumper sticker. Look at the Congress, Pelosi hasn't made any changes there despite what she promised and continues to be partisan and vitriolic.

Forgot to add: These same tactics were used against Hilary though in a different manner. I don't agree with Hilary but I think she got the short end of the stick by her party. She was always portrayed as being too cold, too manly etc. When she walks in to a room, men cross their legs type of stuff etc. Her pantsuits were made fun of etc. Palin is criticized for being a former beauty queen, for her glasses, for being too cute etc. So, in summary...Hilary=b!tch Palin=dumb beauty queen.

This thread has droned on with no new information except personal opinions and personal attacks. Forget the commercials and read the newspaper editorials. They have more information than soundbites. Vote on November 4th with your choice.

Anyone who posts, obviously can use a computer. All voting records and government issues are online.

Both parties are filled with promises; they always are.

Commercials are good for selling toilet paper and kitty litter.

Fact: The taxpayers (we) are going to be footing the bill.

Spend some time researching and then make sure you vote.

Well thats my two cents.
Sue

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Spend some time researching and then make sure you vote.

Well thats my two cents.
Sue

And then try to stay connected and informed between now and the next election. Yeah, it's a lot of work and pobody's nerfect, but if the politicians realise that they are being observed by an informed electorate all the time, well, it helps keep them motivated and it helps the electorate make intelligent decisions when the election rolls around.

wow, I leave you guys for a few minutes and miss the food fight....

+1 on that. I rarely participate on political threads here on B&B. I will offer a crumb or two. But if I want to get covered in swill, there are other websites I can visit. I come here for the pleasure of wetshaving (mostly).

Don't think it's gonna get that far. The Republican leadership of Alaska has shown more spine than the Democratic leadership of the United States.

The AP is reporting that the investigation authorized by the Alaska Legislature has found that Palin abused her authority in firing the state's public safety commissioner.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/P/PALIN_TROOPERGATE?SITE=SCGRE&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Bye-bye Governor. Really, it's for the best.

Uh oh.

Panel's Report Finds Palin Abused Power in Firing

A legislative committee investigating Gov. Sarah Palin found she unlawfully abused her authority in firing Alaska's public safety commissioner, The Associated Press reported.

Either
1) McCain had no idea who this woman was, ie. she wasn't vetted well at all.
2) She was vetted and he still chose her despite knowing that she was under investigation.
Either way it shows a complete lack of judgement on his part.

Top Bottom