What's new

Post Your Pictures: Japanese Razors

Here are my three:

My latest acquisition, a FON Gold Star, similar to Henry's without all the trimmings.

proxy.php

A Hayashi Diamond 1072, an instant favorite.

proxy.php

And I know I post it a lot, but damn I love this razor. R Saito SK 1. Took it to the Asagi this past week, was very easy to hone.

proxy.php

I have just won this old Japanese Kamisori from eBay Japan, does any of you guys and gals know anything about this brand, maker, or know how old it is?
It looks really nice to me; this is my first real Japanese razor. I got 2 western style Japanese, but this is real, pure Japanese.

here are my kamisoris

maker is yoshinobu:
proxy.php

new azuma, one of my best shavers so far:

proxy.php

proxy.php

unknown maker, i've bought this from telly and its a really nice razor:

proxy.php

proxy.php

so, im waiting for three more kamisoris i'll post pics when they arrived.

Gents,

Can you please let me know where one can buy things like the King Pelican or the Diamonds, brand new (unused)?

Thanks and best regards,
Radu

Gents,

Can you please let me know where one can buy things like the King Pelican or the Diamonds, brand new (unused)?

Thanks and best regards,
Radu

First off, a big Welcome to you Radu after your first post. You should introduce yourself in the newbie check-in so everyone can say hello.

To answer your question on where to find King Pelican or Hayashi Diamond razors... I would watch the B/S/T very closely and perhaps post a Want to Buy. I found mine over the past year in the B/S/T, but they were lightly used and not new. Unused makes it even more difficult to find them (and more expensive if you do happen to find one) If you really want one, keep on looking and I bet you will find one. It might take a while though so be patient.

In the meantime, there are a lot of nice shaving straight razors out there that you can get fairly inexpensively. Some of the Japanese razors are made from Swedish steel, so I might suggest looking for one of those as a starting point.

Hi Noswad - I've just checked in! And thank you for the advice!
Are there any western style Japanese blades being made these days? Can someone point to a shop, if there is one?
I see there's a few Japanse style (Kamisori) blades being made, but I'm totally charmed by the looks of those King Pelicans...

Hi Noswad - I've just checked in! And thank you for the advice!
Are there any western style Japanese blades being made these days? Can someone point to a shop, if there is one?
I see there's a few Japanse style (Kamisori) blades being made, but I'm totally charmed by the looks of those King Pelicans...

I have a similar razor, and it's my absolute favorite.

If you go to the Rasurpur site, go to "Japan razors - kamisori" and scroll to the bottom there are a few western style ones similar to what you're looking for. Buy a few so I won't have the opportunity to spend more money :blush: I've been eying these bad boys for weeks...

Top Bottom