What's new

Gillette Super Thin

C'mon! Don't let that deter ya!

I ordered 300 Red Personna from Dark and 200 Super Thins from dridiot and 120 Super Thins from a guy in Cambodia and I STILL ordered 120 more :thumbup:

Get on the Super Thin Express! Choo Choo!
Wp

Well besides the 200 Red Personna, I have 300 Shark Super Chromes and about 150 assorted blades from a sampler pack I made up. I do have a couple new razors coming, so I will have to see what works best with them before stocking up again.

I bought these a while back. They must be the Thai version. Different wording and no glue dots.

Attachments

• $IMG00042-20100617-1947.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 299
  • $IMG00047-20100617-1949.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 297
  • $IMG00048-20100617-1950.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 298
Did anyone realised that these Super Thin blades are a tiny bit thinner in width as compared to other blades?

Perhaps this can explain for the milder shaves.

Good Morning Guys,

Blade Runner,

These are the Vietnamese Version. It has information I cant read, but it does say on the back of the package. Viet Nam

I also wonder why they call them SUPER THIN!, is it their size in *how can i put it* thinkness?

Dark

Good Morning Guys,

I also wonder why they call them SUPER THIN!, is it their size in *how can i put it* thinkness?

Dark

They are the follow up to the old "Gillette Thin" blades made from the thirties to the eighties.
In the beginning the blade actually was thinner than other blades but eventually all blades got thin and so it was a brand name only. Doesn't mean they are any thinner nowadays, it's just a holdover from sixty years ago.
Wp

Ordered the Super Thins on Wednesday and they arrived today :thumbup:

Put one in my Old Type and had a shave... EXCELLENT!
Vietnamese and Thai Gillette Super Thin blades appear to be the exact same blade to me only the wording on the packages and the blades are different.
The Thai blades read "Super Thin Blade" on one side and "New Improved Stainless" on the other while the Vietnamese blades have the Super Thin wording on both sides. Both blades have the old Gillette Known The World Over logo on them. Cool Points for that.
Wp

Ordered the Super Thins on Wednesday and they arrived today :thumbup:

Put one in my Old Type and had a shave... EXCELLENT!
Vietnamese and Thai Gillette Super Thin blades appear to be the exact same blade to me only the wording on the packages and the blades are different.
The Thai blades read "Super Thin Blade" on one side and "New Improved Stainless" on the other while the Vietnamese blades have the Super Thin wording on both sides. Both blades have the old Gillette Known The World Over logo on them. Cool Points for that.
Wp

Where did you order from I'm running low?

Super Thins in the place they feel the most comfortable :thumbup1:

proxy.php

I would love to try these out, (I'm sure several of us would), but don't want to buy 100. Is there any place to get a 5-pack?

I would love to try these out, (I'm sure several of us would), but don't want to buy 100. Is there any place to get a 5-pack?

Looks like shoebox shave shop has the non-platinum ones in 5 packs.

I've also seen them on ebay from time to time.

Top Bottom