What's new

Gillette Super Thin

I'm trying these at the moment. It's a while since I used the Thai ones but I'm not convinced they're the same.The Thais are a little smoother and longer lasting.
That said the Vietnam version is still quite a good blade - reminds me of BlueBirds
(Regular and Red Flare Tip SS used)

Guys,

I would like to know if someone can take a picture of the Thai Version Gillette Thins. I see that there are about the same in comparison, but I do not have a picture to go by.

Thanks in advance,

Dark

Sand and Blade,

Thank you I have already seen the pics.. Not much different only writting on them right.

I will investigate further ;).

I'm only three shaves in on my first blade, but I find these to be a smooth, comfortable blade much in the same fashion as the red pack personnas. So far a winner in my book.

I tried my first one in my Slim adjustable. Seemed too aggressive on 6, so I dialed back to 5, still felt kind of harsh. I tried a new one in my EJ DE 87, and WOW, what a difference. A very smooth, close shave. If they all shave like this it will be one of my favorites!

So I got some information that the blade is manufactured in Shanghai and then distributed to the respective locations. Very interesting! Hum. For Vietnam blades they add 1 extra blade to make them look different. Blade is the same, just packing.

Yesterday I tried the Gillette Super Thin on my new (old) Red Tip and wow it is aggressive. 1 pass and it was enough as a shave. No irritation, but lots of dragging. I guess it is the angle of the razor head.

I will try to use it on a milder razor like the Blue Tip, so far I used in Weishi and it is great. Next will be the Slim Adjustable. My settings are 1 or 2 lol!

Dark

I've been using the Gillette super thin (Vietnamese) blades for the last 5 days of shaving in a 48-50 Super Speed and the shaves have been very close and comfortable. This Viet Super Thin reminds me of the USA Gillette Thins that were popular in the 1960's. Those blades were also packaged in Red, Black and White packages with some Gold lettering.

I wonder if these blades, made in China, are actually made on the same equipment that the "Old Gillette" thins were manufactured on in the USA?

Who knows for sure...... except Gillette.:wink2:

So today I shaved with the Blue Tip Gillette and wow there is a differrence between tips.

Red tip is very aggressive and blue tip is just right with the gillette super thins.

Right from the begining it was just smooth yet sharp. I only did 1 pass and 1/2. The 1/2 was just to clean any hairs left behind from the first pass.

No irritation, no draggin, no burning feeling with after shave. I think this is just a great combo.

Will try during the next week with the Adjustable Slim.

Shamus,

That would be cool to do. I can tell you one thing for a fact. When big companies want to reduce the cost of their products they resort to cheaper labor. Take dorco for example, they took the machines to make disposable razors to Mexico to mass produce at a cheaper rate. If Gillette did this, this is great for us. :D. Lets hope they did :);).

BTW,

I forgot to mention that I purchase and traded some stuff for different razors. So far i have 5 gillettes and more coming my way.. Man...I am happy with what i got so far.

SUPER ADJUSTABLE- long handle, black handle, with settings ;) Yay.
2 Slim Adjustables - 1 it super nice and looks like it hasn't been used at all. 1 that is worn a bit and coloration, but overall great. I get different shaves from both. Weird.
1 Red Tip - Very aggressive with blades so far i put in. I need to try a milder blade I guess
1 Blue Tip- This is so far my favorite. It has worked with most blades i put in. I think I have more coming from this model. :):D.

Thank you guys for introducing me to the razors. Very happy with what I got. I will take pictures soon, once I have all razors in hand.

David

Last edited:
I just received a pack of the Vietnamese version from MoonTroll last week to compare to the Thai version. In my 37c slant the Thai version works the best for me. I haven't bought another blade since.

Top Bottom