What's new

Yankees vs Phillies

Lee had better bring it all 9 innings. There is very little chance that the Philly bullpen will be able to close any game in the near future..

Looks like the bad Lidge showed up. Don't get me wrong, the Yankees are excellent hitters, but Lidge has the stuff to put them away if he doesn't let his brain get in his way.

I wonder if the Yankees can figure out how to get to Lee?

Looks like the bad Lidge showed up. Don't get me wrong, the Yankees are excellent hitters, but Lidge has the stuff to put them away if he doesn't let his brain get in his way.

I wonder if the Yankees can figure out how to get to Lee?

The double steal by Damon put Lidge in a tough spot- throw the slider and risk a past ball or throw the heat. That double steal was the darnedest thing I have seen in quite some time.

unrelated, but related to the WS... Did anybody else have Fox turn into complete garbage of a channel towards the end of the game? It was black and white for at least a full inning or two.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
unrelated, but related to the WS... Did anybody else have Fox turn into complete garbage of a channel towards the end of the game?

For a minute, I thought this was going to turn into another political thread. :001_tongu

The double steal by Damon put Lidge in a tough spot- throw the slider and risk a past ball or throw the heat. That double steal was the darnedest thing I have seen in quite some time.
That was seriously heads up by Damon. He gambled and won considering the ball was in hand when he took off. It was the game changing move IMO.

That was seriously heads up by Damon. He gambled and won considering the ball was in hand when he took off. It was the game changing move IMO.

That was some heads up base running. However, the announcers put too much into that play taking away Lidges slider. It isn't so wild that a good catcher can't stop it. I'm willing to bet the pitching coach went out there to make sure Lidge didn't change up his plan for Rodriguez.

Lidge seemed to fall back to his 2007 ways.. two strikes, two outs - and he couldn't put it away. I saw that all too often when he was an Astro the last year he was here - I think his head got in his way...

Damon's heads up running was huge. But his ability to stay alive during his at bat was the key to it all. He seemed to have 2 strikes forever and kept fouling off the ball. He just kept cool and kept at it and put the pressure on Lidge to make a mistake which he ultimately did. Remakable job by Damon.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
They never had a chance.

Now it's time for all of the Red Sox fans to line up and kiss the ring. :biggrin:

I'm going to say Yankees in 6. I think the Phillies are going to bring some serious offense and it should be a barn burner. Or at least as exciting as baseball can be.

Smells like....

Phillies are down 3-1. I think the Yankees will nail this one down in 6.

...I called it exactly! :w00t::w00t:

They never had a chance.

Now it's time for all of the Red Sox fans to line up and kiss the ring. :biggrin:

Eh Red Sox, who cares about what Red Sox fans think. They aren't even in the same league (so to speak) as the Yankees!

Congrats to the NY Yankees on WS win #27!!! :w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Top Bottom