What's new

Need ideas for multiple razor stand

Hello, Jakespoppy,

For a double edge razor stand, may I suggest a smoking pipe rack? A standard rack — which holds the pipe with the bowl on the bottom and the stem inserted in the hole on top — is perfect for use as a double edge razor stand.

One of my racks holds 24 pipes — I no longer smoke, although I am not about to get rid of my great pipes. I found another rack with four slots in the attic, and I now use that to hold some of my razors.

If you can find a 12-slot smoking pipe stand, you're in business. Otherwise Classic Shaving and Best Grooming Tolls have stands made for Parker razors, which also can hold other razors.

I also have seen wall-mounted old teaspoon racks that might work for you.

Good luck.

Obelit

PVC Pipe Razor Holder

With some modifications this could work. Remember there's nothing more manly than PVC pipe.

Could also build an open box out of timber and drill some holes in the top. Wire such as old coathangers can be used for holding brushes. After all you want to show off your cool razors and not what they are sitting in.

Here's an idea I came up with a while back for a wall-mounted holder that was pretty easy to build, even for someone with rudimentary woodworking skills such as myself.

I bought some nice looking wood, decorative moulding, and satin stainless steel hooks. Then, after a few mitre cuts, some drilling, gluing, and painting, here is what I came up with:

proxy.php
proxy.php

\
proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php

Not put any razos in it yet as it is in the shed getting painted but I picked up a test tube stand for this purpose, these work well.

proxy.php

I went to my local Target and found a tooth brush stand that i perfect for my razors. Instead of being a round plate with holes this one is a horizontal bar, chrome plated, with 4 holes. It cost me about $16.00 so I bought two of them. Just check out their bathroom section and you can find some very good stands

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I eventually finished my razor rack made from the test tube stand.

As purchased

proxy.php

Painted with aluminium paint from a car store, 2 coats primer, 2 coats paint 2 coats clear coat, rubbed down with 1000 grit wet and dry paper in between coats.

proxy.php

Here it is with six razors that I have cleaned but not lubricated or polished so there are some water marks which will wipe off when I polish them (particularly evident on the last Flare tip on the right).

Just for info left to right although I am sure most of you will know them all. Fatboy, Slim Adjustable, HD Rocket, Aristocrat Jnr, Aristocrat #21 and Flare Tip Rocket.

proxy.php

The rack cost £3 so pretty cheap and effective.

Bed Bath & Beyond has toothbrush racks in a variety of styles and finishes that hold four razors in a neat and clean bathroom style rack.

Top Bottom