What's new

Zenith B33, like a fine wine?

I recieved this brush in the mail today, it's a copper handled Zenith b33. The diameter is 27.5mm and the loft is 57mm. I thought it might be interesting to start a thread to document how the copper ages as I use it.

This thread will mostly consist of shave of the day photos featuring the b33. Every once in a while I will do some close ups. For now, a quick break in period followed by its first use this evening. I was a bit impatient to get it's quick break in started so just a couple simple photos to document how it arrived.
0105211714.jpg

0105211714a.jpg

I agree it is a great idea for a thread. While the discoloration of copper and other metals isn't my personal cup of tea, it is still interesting, and more so even if it is not my cup of tea, hearing others thoughts about it and whether they like it or not is enlightening to hear. I've had my mind changed by such discussions and people talking about their love of something. I have some copper mugs that I used for awhile, but couldn't stand this discoloration and now use them as display pieces after having polished them well and giving them a good buffing with Renaissance Wax.

Yup, they change fast, I was pretty surprised at how fast mine changed. This brush has less than a dozen uses. I've never polished it, but I know it would come back to its original shine if I wanted. I keep the Charcoal Goods copper pretty shiny. I really like the beauty of brass and copper shaving kit. Zeniths are such great brushes. Great choice.
Resizer_16099879875850.jpg

Top Bottom