What's new

Your favorite affordable (Cheap) cigar?

Swishers, Backwoods, and all the flavored cigars (Game, etc) are readily available at gas stations.

In my experience, the better (tastier) option for a small cigar: Parodi Kings. These are dry-cured so they don't require humidification. They don't burn too fast, either, about 20-30 minutes if you pace your smoke. They should work out to about $1 apiece if you get the box of 50. Made in PA.

In my experience, the better (tastier) option for a small cigar: Parodi Kings. These are dry-cured so they don't require humidification. They don't burn too fast, either, about 20-30 minutes if you pace your smoke. They should work out to about $1 apiece if you get the box of 50. Made in PA.

Those are quite tasty. I haven't tried the kings but I tried the Ammezzati (smaller version of the same cigar). It was quite tasty. I couldn't believe how long it burnt though. The small ones I had burnt for around 45 min. I got a 3 pack of the kings to try and I'm kinda scared how long they will burn haha. I may cut them in half :lol:. They do taste good though! The villager cigars (air cured as well) are quite good and inexpensive too :thumbup1:

Those are quite tasty. I haven't tried the kings but I tried the Ammezzati (smaller version of the same cigar)...burnt for around 45 min....The villager cigars (air cured as well) are quite good and inexpensive too :thumbup1:

45 minutes! I must be puffing too fast. You're right, though, they are tasty little cigars. I like that they taste like natural tobacco. They aren't complex like a rolled cigar, but they're not supposed to be.

Thanks for the Villiger recommendation. I keep meaning to pick up a pack. Man...I just got an order from P&C, too. Could've added to it and saved on shipping.

Thanks for the Villiger recommendation. I keep meaning to pick up a pack. Man...I just got an order from P&C, too. Could've added to it and saved on shipping.

Only one I've tried so far was the villager export with the natural wrapper. I also grabbed a box of their premium #7 but haven't tried one yet. Gonna have to give their maduro ones a try soon. The natural ones are pretty mild.

Premium select by Ashton. They say it's their more affordable line, but I think they're 2nds. I discovered them @ Havana House in Austin, Tx. They come in maduro & natural in robusto, toro, Churchill & Gordo for $3.50-$4.99 a stick & are a respectable smoke.

Hoyo la Amistad by AJ is an excellent smoke that could easily retail for $10-12 and can be had for under $5 a stick. And I second the PDR 1878 line; I picked up 30 of the capa maduro for $45 through an auction. They're pretty tasty!

Good job Clay for digging this thread back up! As others have said, quality 2nds are a good option.
Close Outs are also good on CI, just picked up 20 La Perla Habana Black Pearl Morado double toro (6”x60)for $60 & they thru in 5 belicosos from $1.

Garcia Vega
Backwoods
Villiger
Havana Honeys

In my opinion, it’s really important to have a cheap cigar every now and then because why not?

When you say cheap my mind went right to machine made cigars.
As an 18 year old I used to love the Hav-a-tampa jewels. That was more than 30 years ago.

Chillin Moose, Drew Estate Factory Sungrown and Shade have been my everyday smokes for the last few months now. All three are very affordable.

Ramrods are nice. Bourbon "infused". Gives a slightly sweet cherry flavor to me. Not for everyday though, the sweet would get old fast I think.

temp.png

Also has a Pale Rider (Clint Eastwood) vibe :)

Top Bottom