What's new

Need some recommendations for long filler cheap bundles of cigars

Hey there,

After having some amazing Cuban cigars recently (a gift from a generous person), the cigar bug has bitten me again. It has been a long while since it bit me last. Looking for recommendations of long filler hand rolled bundles (that are inexpensive) that smoke well. At least a couple steps higher than all leaf machine made Villiger (which is that I have most readily available without spending a mint). I can buy Cubans here but they are extra usury priced.

At the moment, I am looking at the Flor de Oliva topedeo shade and maduro. Drew Estates Factory sound pretty ok, but short filler gets in my mouth and that isn't really my thing.

Thanks for the recommendations!

Cheers!

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
The Drew Estates Factory Smokes aren’t really stuffed with “shredded” tobacco. I would be hard pressed to know it wasn’t long leaf. Bundles can be had online for $48. The Maduro is quite excellent.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Also wanted to say, look for sales. You can get some amazing deals out there. Cigarpage usually has some great deals. You’ll get cigars that are heavily discounted with flash sales.

Egads, just ordered their Gordo Box Pressed Double Connecticuts bundle and Gordo Double Maduros bundles. Not bad for $107 shipped out the door!

Hope you enjoy them. I looked recently to re-stock and was pretty amazed by the prices I saw. Much higher than what I used to buy years ago.

Does anyone else remember the ammo cans JR Cigar used to sell? 100 Churchill cigars in an ammo can for $99. Usually the La Finca brand. That's what I've basically been smoking for the last 15+ years. I stocked up with those deals.

Yeah, those La Finca camo boxes are still a thing. JRs usually has at least 25-30% sales on at any time (you gotta get on the list to get the coupon code). But, they come in 60 and 90 now and are not Churchills anymore.

How do you like La Finca?

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Hope you enjoy them. I looked recently to re-stock and was pretty amazed by the prices I saw. Much higher than what I used to buy years ago.

Does anyone else remember the ammo cans JR Cigar used to sell? 100 Churchill cigars in an ammo can for $99. Usually the La Finca brand. That's what I've basically been smoking for the last 15+ years. I stocked up with those deals.

La Fincas are expensive nowadays lol. Even Sancho Panza’s aren’t yard-gars anymore.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
The ammo cans are $100ish to $160ish, plus you can usually get at least 25% off on top of that. It seems they may no longer be long filler though (were they ever?).

I don’t remember, but they weren’t that good from what I remember. I bought a bunch to puff on when I quit smoking so I wasn’t particular at all. If memory serves they were really soft when smoked. One step above a Phillies.

The ammo cans are $100ish to $160ish, plus you can usually get at least 25% off on top of that. It seems they may no longer be long filler though (were they ever?).

Actually the Churchill's were long filler back then. Too many of them were hard to draw through. I always figured they knew they were rolled too tight and that's why they wound up in the ammo can for cheap.

Cigarpage has a bumble of one off brand Chuchills for cheap. Long filler from various places. You can look them up individually on their site. For the non bundle- 20 for $27.50 shipped!

The Don Elias and Aroma del Sol seems to be liked the most. A guy on Reddit also liked the Don Elias.

Last edited:
Top Bottom