What's new

Your Best Superlather Combinations

Just did DRH Arlington soap with TOBS Eton creme. Not bad. Both pretty bright scents.
Usually do whatever soap is on hand with T&H Ultimate comfort when i superlather.

This morning I had a little trouble lathering up Pre de Provence so I added a little German Nivea shave cream. The combination smelled great and my face felt great and moisturized during the cold morning.

This morning I loaded my brush with Tabac, placed some Proraso (red) in my dirty bird scuttle, then went to town.

Last edited:
I don't know if it is my best super-lather combination but lately I have been adding a squirt of KMF lavender to some remaining Williams. Pretty good lather and a way to bump up the Williams.

How's the smell on the Bigelow/VDH blend? I used straight Bigelow this AM and it was good, but not my best lather, will need to superlather some to see how that works.

My favorite mix is Cella with VDH glycerin (amber) soap. It works so well for me that I grated up a 50/50 mix and pressed the combo into my latest shaving mug acquisition. Another that I often use is La Toja Sensitive cream mixed with Arko soap, works great and the Arko aroma is diminished a bit. I have hard tap water and have found KMF unscented is a great for mixing with anything and everything. It really gives any "difficult" to lather soap or cream a great boost. I re-stocked my KMF with the convenient 3 pack of the large pump bottles. It's a fine face and shower soap as well...

I used a little bit of Nivea Shave cream on an Omega boar brush to whip a lather with some Natural Mountain Bay Rum Soap in a mug. Gave a fantastic lather with a very mild scent (not a fan of the really strong scents). Where I live the water is very hard, you can get a descent sized calcium stalactite of a shower head over a couple months. I find products that give me great lather in other cities don't have quite the same properties here so I am starting to play with the super-lather more. Someone gave me a stick of Tabac and I will try that with both Proraso and the Nivea creams and let you know how it turns out.

Provence Sante/KMF unscented/Glycerin

VDH Deluxe/KMF unscented/Glycerin

I don't typically use my great products to mix. But mixing makes these good products great, IMO.

BTW, recently I have started making uberlather right on my brush/face, bypassing the bowl/mug. I think mixing a bit in the mug (then finishing the lather on my face) works a bit better for me. But the brush to face method works OK, too.

Col Conk Bay Rum + KMF Mint is one I really like. I'll even throw in a few drops of glycerin, too. Slick lather, smells great and cools the face.

Cremo cream is a great additive to superlather, I often enjoy using it with Castle Forbes Lime.

Another good combination is Speick cream with Real Shave Company Sensitive cream. The eucalyptus compliments the Speick nicely.

Provence Sante/KMF unscented/Glycerin

VDH Deluxe/KMF unscented/Glycerin

I don't typically use my great products to mix. But mixing makes these good products great, IMO.

BTW, recently I have started making uberlather right on my brush/face, bypassing the bowl/mug. I think mixing a bit in the mug (then finishing the lather on my face) works a bit better for me. But the brush to face method works OK, too.

Ogallala BR & Sandalwood stick-on-face, combined with AoS Sandalwood cream on brush is a lather monster.

Ogallala BR & Sandalwood stick-on-face, combined with AoS Sandalwood cream on brush is a lather monster.

I have never tried Ogallala--i may have to give it a shot.

I rarely mix my AOS as I like it so much by itself. But I admit, when I do, the results are fabulous.

My favs are:
XPEC Unscented + TFS Bergamotto Neroli - my absolute favorate
XPEC Unscented + Irisch Moos shave stick
CF Lime + MWF
Trumpers Coconut + MWF
TOBS Grapefruit + MWF

All great super lather combos, but then again all of the above individual soaps and creams are awesome on their own as well. I don't see much about XPEC unscented on here but it is absolutely amazing. It is the slickest/best performing cream I have ever used and it is actually unscented. Great for super lathers when you want to keep the scent of the soap you are using.

I'm huge fan of my Soapbox Gypsy Shaving Cream + Martinsville Emporium Saffron and Cedar superlather. On its own, the cream isn't my cup of tea - by design, it doesn't really lather up. Adding it to the soap though produces a rich, thick, creamy lather that is very flexible with how much water is required for proper hydration. It provides the cushioning effect of a shave cream with the glide of a shave soap. Don't think I'll be going back to a straight cream or soap lather anytime soon.

Top Bottom