What's new

Yet another Personna / AccuTec thread.

My guess? Over the next year or so.... The dust might just settle out and we'll all know what we are buying. One would think, AccuTec will improve their marketing and we'll see their blades show up in more places.... but this has been an issue for years already, so who knows? I do wonder what percentage the AccuForge represents in AccuTec's overall portfolio. Maybe they sell a lot more AccuThrive blades to hospitals and other health care facilities and the AccuForge blades are almost an afterthought.

I really hope they will also reintroduce spoiler type dispensers or tucks.

Brand new production date on box. They have to be legit I think. I opened the box so I could take out 5 random blades and saw the production date. All 5 blades were stampless. I even took a light and looked at every angle just in case it was a very light markings but can see nothing. Those pictures are from both sides of the blade.
I just got two 100ct boxes of these from barber supply co, dated on the inner top flap January 2024. Blades are not marked/stamped with anything. I compared one to a laser etched lab blue/super and they looked identical in shape, blade angle, color shading.

I just got two 100ct boxes of these from barber supply co, dated on the inner top flap January 2024. Blades are not marked/stamped with anything. I compared one to a laser etched lab blue/super and they looked identical in shape, blade angle, color shading.
I'm thinking they're legit. Muat be something new in packaging them. So now, there's 2 unmarked blades coming out of that factory. Accuforge Lab Blues in the black wrapping and these comfort coated Personnas in white wrapping. Could these possibly be the same blade? Anyone out there that has both the new 2024 Personna comfort coat and black wrapper Accuforge? I'd be interested to see a comparison. Two unmarked blades coming out of the same place seems confusing to everybody. I'd love to see a comparison.

Where did you purchase the 100/ct box from? I was only aware they came in a box of 250 from AccuForge. Pics would be nice also...
I'm thinking they're legit. Muat be something new in packaging them. So now, there's 2 unmarked blades coming out of that factory. Accuforge Lab Blues in the black wrapping and these comfort coated Personnas in white wrapping. Could these possibly be the same blade? Anyone out there that has both the new 2024 Personna comfort coat and black wrapper Accuforge? I'd be interested to see a comparison. Two unmarked blades coming out of the same place seems confusing to everybody. I'd love to see a comparison.
To my knowledge the blades from the AccuTech umbrella has no Personna markings or etchings of any sort. Edgewell moved all Personna production to Germany for the future.

Where did you purchase the 100/ct box from? I was only aware they came in a box of 250 from AccuForge. Pics would be nice also...

To my knowledge the blades from the AccuTech umbrella has no Personna markings or etchings of any sort. Edgewell moved all Personna production to Germany for the future.
The Accutech "Accuthrive" blades have MAde in USA and Hospital use stamped on them. The Accutech "accuforge black wrappers have no markings." my January 2024 production date personnas have no markings on them but the box cleary states USA made.
"The Baron" above was referring to his Personna purchase not accuforge.

Got them here Personna Double-Edge Blade Refills 100 pack - https://wbbarber.com/collections/razor-blades/products/personna-double-edge-blade-refills

IMG_0506.jpeg
IMG_0503.jpeg
IMG_0504.jpeg

Alright... time to throw a wrench into this discussion:

So I ordered a 100 pack of the "Comfort Coat" Personna Blades that are made in the US. When I received them, they had a bonus 20 blades in there! Score! But here is the catch... the stamp on the blade is identical to the israeli/German Personna Platinums!! Every blade says "Personna Platinum Chrome". On the box, it specifies that they are made by Accutec in VA blah blah blah...

Reason I'm chiming in is because I bought them this very week (off of amazon, link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071P4ZTZC?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details ) so I wanted to throw in the most recent info that I could.

They are definitely sharp and comfortable and I'm very pleased with the performance, I just haven't seen anywhere else where someone has encountered this particular combo of "Lab Blues" with "Platinum Chrome" written on the blade.
Was Beast Beauty the seller? That was my seller. No stamps at all on the blades but nice shave. I have recently learned that accutech blades do not have any stamp on them. I wonder if that’s what I got
Beast Beauty ?was my seller,but fake blade,personna lab blue named "Personna Platium Chrome" in his product

So you ordered Personna comfort coated and they sent you Platinum Chrome blades instead? That sounds like they sent you the wrong product. Doesn’t sound like fake blades. I would just return them

So you ordered Personna comfort coated and they sent you Platinum Chrome blades instead? That sounds like they sent you the wrong product. Doesn’t sound like fake blades. I would just return them
No, they came in the Comfort Coat box (exactly like the one in The Baron's post) - individually wrapped in white paper with no sticky stuff and said Platinum Chrome. As I understand it, they never made the Platinum Chromes in the US so I don't really know how there was a mix up! Either way - I did return them and purchased some from Shane and it's been smooth sailing since then... the one thing that sort of confuses me is that I don't really love Plats but these felt so so similar to the comfort coats.

No, they came in the Comfort Coat box (exactly like the one in The Baron's post) - individually wrapped in white paper with no sticky stuff and said Platinum Chrome. As I understand it, they never made the Platinum Chromes in the US so I don't really know how there was a mix up! Either way - I did return them and purchased some from Shane and it's been smooth sailing since then... the one thing that sort of confuses me is that I don't really love Plats but these felt so so similar to the comfort coats.
Like I said earlier in this post. There’s some Wierd stuff coming out of that factory or everybody is getting fakes. They may be fakes but they gave me 4 BBS shaves each from the 2 I used. When I emailed Beast Beauty and asked about the order they told me that it was filled by Amazon and they never had possession of the item. I wonder if we can email that factory and ask about what stamps are what blades and if they sell any personnas without stamps or etching. That would clear up the fakes question

So I did some digging in an attempt to clarify the current Personna / AccuTec branding change and present some accurate and current information. Neither of these brands did, or currently cater to the 'public' hence website information is sparse and commerical/industrial orientated. Part numbers were found in sales catalogs and also contained the most accurate product specifications. While I spent a lot of time on various sites, I chose not to provide links here as I believe it is against the rules, and would go against the 'just the facts, ma'am' information I'm trying to provide. I included the lowest prices I came across as a reference, none of them are from wet-shaving sites, and shipping or minimums (if any) are not factored.
I have no skin in the game other than these are my 'desert island' blades and likely are for many here on B&B. I've done my best to cross reference and double check accuracy - please chime in if any errors are substantiated.

Med Prep / AccuThrive - individually wrapped

Old: Personna #74-0002-0000 Med Prep, “Surgical Prep Blade”
New: Accu Thrive# AVBL-3002-0000 Stainless Steel Surgical Prep Blades

Both these can be had in the USA from medical/blade supply houses. Price $85 box of 250 (0.34/ea)

Comfort Coated (aka Lab Blue) / AccuForge - individually wrapped

Old: Personna #60-0257-0000 .. Co-labeled BP9020 on the box bottom.
New: Accu Forge: #AGBL 6000-0000

Both these can be had in the USA from medical/blade supply houses. Price $45 box of 250 (0.17/ea)

Tips for those playing along:
* blade making is a huge industry - wetshaving blades are a tiny fraction. They sell these things in chunks of 5000 at a time.
* Search using part numbers and Ye shall be Released to source the blade you want to buy 1000's of... 'just in case'
* Personna by AccuTech was a branding used for a few years until AccuTech decided to make the full shift.
* The Personna still exists, but has nothing to do with the current AccuTec part numbers referenced.
* Timing on branding and packaging changes is information I was unable to find in any official capacity therefore is omitted.
* YouTube is a tremendously terrible source of accurate information.
* 'Lab Blue' is exclusively a fan moniker, and misused often - It was never used by either brand... ever.
* Wet-shaving website pricing is approximately double of the supply houses.
* Both brands sold/sell an unlabeled 'barber blade' in several configurations (uncoated, coated, oiled, degreased etc.) for white labeling/bulk/rebranding. They are not the same blades as the branded ones. However, as far as I could discern, these too are mfg. in Verona, VA
Awesome! Thank you!

I am so confused about what is what with Personna.

Can anyone tell me whether or not the "Comfort Coated" in plain white wrapper with no glue dots (The ones that say Persona Super and Made in USA on the blade) Are those the same as Lab Blue? I had always thought they were the same but saw a YouTube video from Razor Emporium (yeah, I know) where he claimed that comfort coated in plain white wrapper were mid tier blades compared to Lab Blue in blue wrapper being much sharper.

Can anyone tell me whether or not the "Comfort Coated" in plain white wrapper with no glue dots (The ones that say Persona Super and Made in USA on the blade) Are those the same as Lab Blue? I had always thought they were the same but saw a YouTube video from Razor Emporium (yeah, I know) where he claimed that comfort coated in plain white wrapper were mid tier blades compared to Lab Blue in blue wrapper being much sharper.
I looked for the Razor Emporium video you mentioned. In the video he holds up the new unmarked Accuforge blade and the "Lab Blue." Funny thing ... the "Lab Blue is marked exactly like the Comfort Coated I have.
Screenshot from 2024-04-08 17-37-07.png

Then he says the Comfort Coated is very similar to Astra blades. I think he's just trying to get people to buy what he has in stock.

The Comfort Coated are smooth, sharp blades, similar to the Kai, or GP blades he mentions.

Yeah he’s also selling the accuforge black wrapped blades for 40 cents a piece… so there’s that

I'm not in the market for more Personna Comfort Coated. But if I were I would refrain from buying any. I think I would take the leap and get the Accuforge. After looking around, it seems the "USA Made" has been removed from the Comfort Coated box. Some people are getting the Platinum Chromes instead of the Super. I had a blue box of Platinum Chromes made in Israel. Those blades were awful. Perhaps if you get the blades that are unmarked then they may be the legit Accutech blades. But I wouldn't take the chance.

I'm not in the market for more Personna Comfort Coated. But if I were I would refrain from buying any. I think I would take the leap and get the Accuforge. After looking around, it seems the "USA Made" has been removed from the Comfort Coated box. Some people are getting the Platinum Chromes instead of the Super. I had a blue box of Platinum Chromes made in Israel. Those blades were awful. Perhaps if you get the blades that are unmarked then they may be the legit Accutech blades. But I wouldn't take the chance.
As if this whole subject isn't confusing enough, AccuTec blades (at the moment) are being shipped completely unmarked. No laser or printing. This according to the medical supply place I acquired my AccuThrive blades, and also mentioned by another poster in this thread.

As if this whole subject isn't confusing enough, AccuTec blades (at the moment) are being shipped completely unmarked. No laser or printing. This according to the medical supply place I acquired my AccuThrive blades, and also mentioned by another poster in this thread.
Yeah, that's why I would just take the leap and get the Accuforge rather than the Personna Comfort Coated box -- just to be sure you're getting the lab blues. The unmarked blade in the Comfort Coated box may be the Accutech. But you'd have to shave with one to be sure. Someone posted getting the Comfort Coated box and the blades were marked Platinum Chrome. The only Personna Plat Chromes I tried were the worst blade I ever tried. I ended up throwing them away.

Top Bottom