What's new

Yet another Personna / AccuTec thread.

You and me both. I get my Personnas from Sally's. $3 and change for a 5 pack.
I was shocked at how bad the Personna blades made in Germany were for me, as I've mentioned previously.... I tried a couple of them and binned them. I've always held German manufacturing in high regard so I was surprised. It could have just been a bad lot, of course. There are people here who prefer the German Personnas...

Alright... time to throw a wrench into this discussion:

So I ordered a 100 pack of the "Comfort Coat" Personna Blades that are made in the US. When I received them, they had a bonus 20 blades in there! Score! But here is the catch... the stamp on the blade is identical to the israeli/German Personna Platinums!! Every blade says "Personna Platinum Chrome". On the box, it specifies that they are made by Accutec in VA blah blah blah...

Reason I'm chiming in is because I bought them this very week (off of amazon, link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071P4ZTZC?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details ) so I wanted to throw in the most recent info that I could.

They are definitely sharp and comfortable and I'm very pleased with the performance, I just haven't seen anywhere else where someone has encountered this particular combo of "Lab Blues" with "Platinum Chrome" written on the blade.

So I ordered a 100 pack of the "Comfort Coat" Personna Blades that are made in the US. When I received them, they had a bonus 20 blades in there! Score! But here is the catch... the stamp on the blade is identical to the israeli/German Personna Platinums!! Every blade says "Personna Platinum Chrome". On the box, it specifies that they are made by Accutec in VA blah blah blah...

Reason I'm chiming in is because I bought them this very week (off of amazon, link: Amazon.com - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071P4ZTZC?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details ) so I wanted to throw in the most recent info that I could.

They are definitely sharp and comfortable and I'm very pleased with the performance, I just haven't seen anywhere else where someone has encountered this particular combo of "Lab Blues" with "Platinum Chrome" written on the blade.
I ordered from that seller last fall and had the same experience - I sent them back, as the Verona made blades (per customer service at AccuTec) will be stamped or laser etched 'made in USA'.

I personally suspect that seller (intentionally or not) is shipping repackaged run of the mill Personna Platinums - I have zero evidence whatsoever other than the blades I receieved were definitely not Comfort Coated/'Lab Blue' and shaved poorly in comparison.

I ordered from that seller last fall and had the same experience - I sent them back, as the Verona made blades (per customer service at AccuTec) will be stamped or laser etched 'made in USA'.

I personally suspect that seller (intentionally or not) is shipping repackaged run of the mill Personna Platinums - I have zero evidence whatsoever other than the blades I receieved were definitely not Comfort Coated/'Lab Blue' and shaved poorly in comparison.
Good word! Like I said, the baffling part to me was the good shave on the first one!

I'll try another before sending back. Do you have a link for the actual "lab blues"?

Good word! Like I said, the baffling part to me was the good shave on the first one!

I'll try another before sending back. Do you have a link for the actual "lab blues"?
I've never had good luck with the regular Personna Platinums, but that's just me ... they're very popular here on B&B.

Blackland Razors sell Personna Comfort Coated / 'Lab Blues' in boxes of 100 - (they also ship their DE razors with them)
They have an excellent reputation and I would be confident the blades they ship are the real deal.

FWIW, I've purchased 5 x 100 packs of these from Amazon over the last 2 years and the sellers were all different. None of those sellers, however, were the current one listed at the link above. The 500 blades are all Lab Blues, laser etched, made in USA. If somebody is repackaging the platinum chrome versions, that's just unconscionable!

I've had good luck ordering from a good barber supply shop. Amazon is just not a reliable source these days with all the third-party sellers, I try to avoid using Amazon for blades. It's a crap shoot.

Here is a link for one barber supply, there are quite a few others, though:

NOTE that they have the wrong picture which is out-of-date and does not match what I was sent. I got the latest laser etched blades made a few months ago in Virginia.

Shipping is an extra cost from these places, so it makes sense to order a bunch of things at the same time, it costs the same or free with a certain minimum order. Also there are coupons for 15% off and even free shipping from time-to-time.

Last edited:

Reason I'm chiming in is because I bought them this very week (off of amazon, link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071P4ZTZC?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details ) so I wanted to throw in the most recent info that I could.

Was Beast Beauty the seller? That was my seller. No stamps at all on the blades but nice shave. I have recently learned that accutech blades do not have any stamp on them. I wonder if that’s what I got

That seller claims that the item was shipped by AMAZON. And that they never have possession of the item. In addition the box was factory sealed. Wierd stuff coming out of that factory.

Was Beast Beauty the seller? That was my seller. No stamps at all on the blades but nice shave. I have recently learned that accutech blades do not have any stamp on them. I wonder if that’s what I got
I believe you are correct AccuTech has no stamp/etching, but does have the black AccuTec wrapper if they are from a newer production run.
Did yours come in the plain white?

I believe you are correct AccuTech has no stamp/etching, but does have the black AccuTec wrapper if they are from a newer production run.

That plant has been operated by AccuTec for years now. The boxes used to be labeled with "Personna is a trademark of Edgewell, Inc." but the blades were actually made by AccuTec in Virginia and stamped/etched as Personna.

Maybe they no longer have the rights to use the Personna name or have decided to move away from the Personna name. Confusing in any case.

The black wrapper accutec’s (accuthrive)are the old Med Prep’s and are stamped “for hospital use” I got white wrapping and no stamping which may indicate the accuforge new lab blues.

I’m new to all of this but are the black wrapper blades you are talking about in the picture below? I have tried a bunch of blades over the last few months and they are my favorite so I picked up 60

IMG_0123.jpeg

The black wrapper accutec’s (accuthrive)are the old Med Prep’s and are stamped “for hospital use” I got white wrapping and no stamping which may indicate the accuforge new lab blues.
This is why there are more than 1 thread on these blades and there is always someone that comes in and posts info that should've been researched a little better...

AccuThrive = Med Prep
1711286053686.png

1711286167265.png

AccuForge = Lab Blue
1711286099862.png

This is why there are more than 1 thread on these blades and there is always someone that comes in and posts info that should've been researched a little better...

AccuThrive = Med Prep
View attachment 1817396
View attachment 1817398

AccuForge = Lab Blue
View attachment 1817397
So the only blade from that factory that isn’t stamped or etched is the accuforge lab blue no matter what color wrapper they’re in. My accurhrive med preps that are stamped like yours “Hospital use” were in black wrappers (250 count)

So the only blade from that factory that isn’t stamped or etched is the accuforge lab blue no matter what color wrapper they’re in. My accurhrive med preps that are stamped like yours “Hospital use” were in black wrappers (250 count)
Correction, the accuthrive mad preps i have are in blue wrappers. But still the only blade that I know of from personna, accuthrive and accuforge that has no stamp or etching is the lab blue

Top Bottom