What's new

Wolfman WR4

Just arrived my WR4 0.50 what a beauty!! My first shave is oustanding, 0.50 work for me perfectly and always can use Super Pro for increasing the Gap..

I have La Faulx the Classic and the Medium+ and WR4 think is between both, realy lovely WR4 , that said ,La Faulx is little softer
I have been hesitating, I have la faulex++, do I really need wr4? You're the bad guys. The temptation is endless,I can't resist it!

@fengcs You will be happy only with the Faulx, I couldn't resist and had to try WR4 :wink2:

My SOTD
proxy.php

Just arrived my WR4 0.50 what a beauty!! My first shave is oustanding, 0.50 work for me perfectly and always can use Super Pro for increasing the Gap..

I have La Faulx the Classic and the Medium+ and WR4 think is between both, realy lovely WR4 , that said ,La Faulx is little softer
When you say the La Faulx is softer do you mean more comfortable?

FED
I asked and these are the exposures for the WR4 -- didn't realise .30 was an option

.30 -0.15
.40 -0.09
.50 -0.03
.55 0
.60 +0.03
.70 +0.09
.80 +0.15
.90 +0.21

"May not be accurate but it's close. Also there are different blades for this razor and that will change the numbers. So this is a basic reference only.”
@Fedsbackhand do you know if there is a similar chart for the WR3?

I recently got a WR4 0.50 and have half a dozen shaves, including a side-by-side comparison shave with my La Faulx Classique yesterday.

The main difference between the two is the weight. The WR4 is a lot lighter and it has a much thinner profile head. The WR4 0.50 has just slightly more blade feel than the La Faulx Classique, but both are very smooth feeling and give a very pleasant amount of feedback. The shaves on both sides of my face were equally gentle and efficient, but the added weight of the La Faulx head makes it slightly easier to get a perfect close shave, for me.

I have found the La Faulx Classique a very easy razor to get fantastic shaves with, right out of the box. The WR4 for me took a few shaves to adapt to the angled head - especially in a few of my more difficult areas under my jawline and in the hollows of my throat. But it was very easy and efficient on other parts of my face so there’s no lack of efficiency - I’m sure it was the head angle that was throwing me off slightly until I got used to it.

Overall, both of these razors are exceptionally good and they have a wonderful feel for me. I’d rate the La Faulx slightly above the WR4 for the ease of getting a perfect result, but the WR4 does have a lovely feel and I think that’s a lot to do with the wonderful Wolfman grooved safety bar, which I love on all my Wolfmans. I might try the WR4 with a heavier handle to see what difference it makes (I’m using the Darwin now, which looks great and feels perfectly balanced, but it makes for a light razor even in steel).

That’s my take at the moment. Both outstanding and exemplars for what the Japanese long blade format is capable of, but the WR4 does not beat my La Faulx Classique. If you prefer light, nimble razors then you may favour the WR4.

0A721643-77C1-4576-B145-DD23A0128087.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom