What's new

Wolfman WR4

In testing stage from Instagram. Hawk V3 clone?
WR4.jpg

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Maybe the late May sales release date could happen, though if I were a betting man, I’d wager June.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I haven’t seen a hawk in person, but from photos I’ve seen of the RR hawk and the bird of prey, they both have a nose or peak slanted down.

From the photo of the WR4, the base plate seems to be perpendicular to the handle, perhaps similar to the Claymore Evolution and ATT X1, which I have and enjoy.

I have high hopes for the WR4, but I base that on all the people here who love James’ other razors, including me and how much I love shaving with the WR2.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I would hope the blade loading is like the now defunct colonial razor design with a notch in the middle

In testing stage from Instagram. Hawk V3 clone?
View attachment 1646198

View attachment 1646284

Still hoping to get in on a pass around on another forum. I’ll share more pictures when I can.

I haven’t seen a hawk in person, but from photos I’ve seen of the RR hawk and the bird of prey, they both have a nose or peak slanted down.

From the photo of the WR4, the base plate seems to be perpendicular to the handle, perhaps similar to the Claymore Evolution and ATT X1, which I have and enjoy.

I have high hopes for the WR4, but I base that on all the people here who love James’ other razors, including me and how much I love shaving with the WR2.
My personal preference is for AC razors where the blade (as closely as possible) bisects the handle. The Vector and The General V2 most closely meet this design criteria. The Vector and The General V2 are highly efficient and highly smooth. Their design, in my opinion, provides better balance, is more nimble and maneuverable and more predictable than my "blade forward" AC razors. Both razors fit my natural shaving style and are an absolute pleasure to use.

My "Blade forward" AC razors (ATT X1 Slant & SE1, Claymore Evolution, Mongoose, the various RazoRock Hawks) can still be quite good, just not quite as good as the Vector and The General V2 for my face/skin/beard.

I hope that the WR4 design is closer to the Vector and The General V2. If so, sign me up. :)

Just my opinion. :)

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I would love to try the WR4, but I'd need to see the head design in more detail to become really interested in it. From what I can see it doesn't quite have the elegant simplicity of either the General or the Vector, which both have really nice balance.
At first glance, it looks similar to the Claymore Evolution that I love. The Claymore Evo is a bit mild. I’ve added some razors that are a half step or so up in efficiency. I would guess the standard blade gap will perform close to the WR2 0.95 since that is the WR2 standard gap, but that is pure speculation on my part.

Top Bottom