What's new

Wolfman WR4

I've been away from this razor for a few weeks and missed it. Today with a fresh Schick Proline affirmed again what a superb razor this is for me. I could go on.
Imagepipe_0.jpg

Quiet thread this one. I used this WR4 in a hurried shave this morning. One pass ATG for a very smooth face with no issues. Remarkable razor.
Imagepipe_0.jpg

If @Yoko has ordered a second WR4 in Ti in the same gap I'd be curious to hear how the different metal material makes a difference, if any, in razors of the same gap.

Having tried the .77 alu prototype and the .70 brushed titanium I can say the titanium is a slight improvement but still far too light for me. Pairing with a steel handle helped some. Bronze is a definite improvement in the weight and balance but I have the wrong gap. The .86 is overkill: extremely close shave but I have to be really careful. Certain blades I won't even try. I tried a bunch of different handles from Darwin to WRH3-7 XL but it's still a little too much exposure for my liking.

I'd like to know the exposure range now we have the numbers for the GEM version.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I'm still leaning toward the 0.50 gap... I think that's the "standard" gap..... but I haven't seen a price list yet where the designation might show up... @Mr. Shavington should have his 0.50 in a few weeks or so... depending on shipping times. I am very interested in how he finds it... I'm hoping for shaving results similar to my X1 and/or La Faulx "Classic" base plate.... just a half step up from my Claymore Evolution... for AC razors.. and in the ball park with my WR2 0.95, Blutt BR-1 1.20, etc. for DE razors. Mild/Medium seems to be my sweet spot.

Today's shave with WR4 was not so nice as before, but obviously my fault.

I clearly understimated how efficient WR4 is.
It feels and shave very easy but cut deeper as I thought first. I can see it after 24 hours and I can feel it also when shaving with low concentration or too much pressure.

I'm happy to choose "only" 0.65 gap, higher would be probably too much for daily use for me. As always YMMV but WR4 0.65 with Kai Pink is so far my closest cutting razor. Enjoyable like Overlander just need more attention.

IMG_7233.jpeg

Back to back days with the WR4, yesterday trusting it for a drama free quick one pass ATG before leaving for work early, and today for a leisurely day-off three pass affair. I started using this blade before Christmas and can't even recall what it is but it's still rewarding with a smooth shave on what must be at least twenty uses.
Imagepipe_0.jpg

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
The WR4 bronze head is only 20 grams. Which handle is the most suitable?
What about Darwin?
I have a Darwin bronze waiting for mine when my name gets to the top of the list. I also have a Wolfman bronze 3/7 hollow 90mm handle @around 40 grams. I might try that one too..

Top Bottom