What's new

Wolfman WR3

Third shave with this Personna coated blade. Fantastic Shave.
Imagepipe_0.jpg

I assumed you were trying to decide between them.

Yes, the 1.00 will be interesting for sure... 🤯 I say this having tried the .74 OC
Well I bought a Hawk OC from B&B to see if I like the AC platform and I do. The WR4 will likely be as efficient as I perceived the Hawk to be. The WR3 I bought a G bar and micromatic clog pruf and liked them enough to try more GEM razors and bought a Level 2 Sabre and love it, a Shield GEM (forget what they called it) and love it as well. Hoping the WR3 is the best of the bunch. We shall see.

Wasn't paying attention when I ordered this... I just unwrapped it now and have two razors heads and the second one was discounted. Was only expecting a spare baseplate not two caps. I guess they mean it when they say baseplate and cap are made together.

I often switch baseplates on my bronze WR3. Actually I have tried mixing metals and everything fits together perfectly.

WR3 order.png

Wasn't paying attention when I ordered this... I just unwrapped it now and have two razors heads and the second one was discounted. Was only expecting a spare baseplate not two caps. I guess they mean it when they say baseplate and cap are made together.

I often switch baseplates on my bronze WR3. Actually I have tried mixing metals and everything fits together perfectly.

View attachment 1831110
Sounds like good news!
The good thing is that whatever you don't want should be an easy sell!

IMG_9366.jpeg

Timidly tried the WR3 1.00 for the first time this morning. I used it on the heaviest Wolfman handle (WR2H Bronze) I own to make this first shave a worst case scenario (super heavy razor w/ super bulky head). Used the same GEM blade I've been using in my Sabre, Vestige, Shield Predator, and Clog Pruf. At first my lather was too dry and I added water and then it was a little too soupy but I decided to shave on. Initial WTG strokes felt smooth and I was going slow and keeping the top cap close to my face. Had a small weeper yesterday so I avoided that area today. Shaving above the lip and under the nose was a challenge but I can't feel any stubble and it wasn't too problematic. I only tried ATG on my neck as I wasn't too confident going ATG on my face with this. I did get a little cocky with trying to see how far I could push it by using it with a more extreme angle kind of like an ice scraper. I got bit around the chin but that may be more due to the siize of the head and unfamiliarity of how to even shave around the countries of the chin without cutting. All in all pretty nice BBS for only 1 pass.

Last edited:
Top Bottom