What's new

Which Watch?

I was at Costco this weekend and noticed they have two new watches for sale. By the way, I love Costco and I love watches. I always stop by the watch case to leer at the watches.

I got purchased both of these watches today and am trying to decide which one to keep. I'll have to test the lume tomorrow night.

Seiko SSC017
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Citizen CB0010-53L
proxy.php
proxy.php
https

Last edited:
One of the Citizen Eco Drives. If I had to pick I'd go with the all black because it is more versatile but the blue/black looks awesome...decision decisions.

Last edited:
The lume looks great doesn't it? But Eco-Drive always seen to have nice lumes. Looking at those pics make me want one as well. The finish of the titanium also looks great.

I was going to ask if you had one already. The only sticking point is the price. It's more expensive than both watches put together.

I wish I owned one, I never knew that model existed. It was the only one that came up when I searched for citizen radio perpetual diver.
There are so many nice Eco-Drives, especially Promasters, that are never offered in the US. The price is the sticking point for me as well.
If I hadn't just purchased a new cellphone I would be all over it.

Last edited:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hi I saw this post searching for this Seiko model.. Were you able to test the lume on it? How long does it last etc. I may buy one at Costco soon.. But I am a fan of great lume.

Thanks!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I was at Costco this weekend and noticed they have two new watches for sale. By the way, I love Costco and I love watches. I always stop by the watch case to leer at the watches.

I got purchased both of these watches today and am trying to decide which one to keep. I'll have to test the lume tomorrow night.

Seiko SSC017
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Citizen CB0010-53L
proxy.php
proxy.php
https

Hi I saw this post searching for this Seiko model.. Were you able to test the lume on it? How long does it last etc. I may buy one at Costco soon.. But I am a fan of great lume.

Thanks!

Thanks!

I ended up returning both to Costco.

Well, I finally got around to taking some pictures.

Face diameter without bezel - ~34 mm
Face diameter with bezel - ~43 mm
Weight - 3.285 ounces

Pros

1. The bracelet/watch is surprisingly light weight. I thought it felt cheap at first but it's because the bracelet is titanium. I'm not sure if that's true or not.
2. The titanium brushed surface on the bracelet handles scratches very well.
3. The lume is great. I wake up in the morning and can still see the lume after a full night.
4. I'm ADD when it comes to the second hand lining up with the seconds-tick marks. This is why I own three Movados with no seconds-hands. This Citizen's second-hand lines up perfectly.
5. The day of the week hand doesn't line up perfectly? That's ok, you can adjust the alignment.
6. The date isn't centered in window? That's ok, you can adjust the alignment.
7. This watch has a dive feature. I forget what this does or how to activate it.
8. Smooth, tight, small increments in the unidirectional bezel. There is nearly zero play in this thing. It is the best bezel of all the watches I own.

Cons

1. Two of the white, painted? squares at the five-minute and 25-minute positions on bezel either fell off or rubbed off. I purchased some Testor's paint and repainted the squares.
2. The day of the week hand is illuminated and it is almost the same length as the hour hand. Waking up at night, it takes me a while to discern which is which.
3. There are so many features in this wathc that ou're going to need the manual to do anything on this watch, even change the time.
4. I didn't get the correct watch box from Duty Free Island Shop.
5. The signal from Colorado doesn't work with this watch, only the signal from Germany.
6. I have some watch tools but wasn't able to adjust the links. I had to go to a jewelry store to get links removed. I think Citizen has some dumb way of attaching the links together.

The final verdict is that I love this watch. It's been on my wrist a lot since purchasing it.

Top Bottom