What's new

Which Shaving Soaps have you sniffing over and over?

For me lately it's been Seaforth Blackwatch
Also Masters of the Green and Mayberry Man from Denton Majik.

There's so much good stuff out there I could list too many, but that's the top 3 as of late.

I like soaps with tobacco notes, but this one is really well made - a masterpiece. I would love a perfume with a similar scent.

Santa Maria del Fiore

Hints of tobacco, Tuscan cigar, vanilla, amber and a background of eucalyptus and menthol.

Currently it is this one:
1000000320.jpg

I love sniffing almost all of the Grooming Dept scents.

I like soaps with tobacco notes, but this one is really well made - a masterpiece. I would love a perfume with a similar scent.

Santa Maria del Fiore

Hints of tobacco, Tuscan cigar, vanilla, amber and a background of eucalyptus and menthol.

Have you tried Pre De Provence 63 or Saponificio Varesino Morado? Your description of Santa Maria del Fiore kind of sounds along those (lovely) lines...

I'm curious because I'm looking to simplify and SV Morado and PdeP 63 are both in the confirmed line up for rest of my shaving life... and then there's PdeP Bergamot & thyme which is honestly fabulous but gets overlooked due to the #63 being so wonderful - and is entirely different scent (the B&T) which is very nice (the Sv Argania is also absolutely wonderful but is so close in scent to 63 and Morado I'm not sure i'll get more of it)...

And my 'other' one so far for life might be RazoRock Dead Sea - great scent, and definitely a contrast to the Morado and 63.

@Marco maybe can help, as I know he's a fan of PdeP 63 and also knows RR Dead Sea and the Santa Maria... I keep on trying ot get him to get hold of the Morado, it's divine. ;-)

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Have you tried Pre De Provence 63 or Saponificio Varesino Morado? Your description of Santa Maria del Fiore kind of sounds along those (lovely) lines...

I'm curious because I'm looking to simplify and SV Morado and PdeP 63 are both in the confirmed line up for rest of my shaving life... and then there's PdeP Bergamot & thyme which is honestly fabulous but gets overlooked due to the #63 being so wonderful - and is entirely different scent (the B&T) which is very nice (the Sv Argania is also absolutely wonderful but is so close in scent to 63 and Morado I'm not sure i'll get more of it)...

And my 'other' one so far for life might be RazoRock Dead Sea - great scent, and definitely a contrast to the Morado and 63.

@Marco maybe can help, as I know he's a fan of PdeP 63 and also knows RR Dead Sea and the Santa Maria... I keep on trying ot get him to get hold of the Morado, it's divine. ;-)
Sorry Sir, not sure what exactly your question for me is?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
For soaps

Razorock "The Dead Sea" nice bright unique scent that is addictive!
Razorock "Santa Maria Del Fiore" nice vanilla light tobacco scent.
Taylor of old Bond street Herbal sandal wood. Very nice masculine herbal scented Sandal wood, always puts a smile on my face.
Ach Brito Lavanda cream, nice relaxing scent of lavender and a touch of mint. Nice scent to leave any left over lather in the bowl.
Speick stick, mild spicey scent, one of the best lather protection soaps I have ever used.
Ogallala Bayrum and Sandalwood, nice scented Bayrum with some clove, soap lather is different than others but scent is to my liking, Ogallala aftershave in Bayrum and Sandalwood is great and settles out nicely when applied. It is a nice change from sweet scents always IMO.

Last edited:

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
In no particular order

ABC Red Sandalwood hard soap
ABC cream (almond)
Acqua di Parma cream
SMN cream
Stirling Green croap
MdC fougere

Top Bottom