What's new

Which Shaving Soaps have you sniffing over and over?

It’s usually one or two at a time that appeal most to me in the superlative sense (pun intended) you describe.

My list includes all of the following, just not on the same day, week, or even month, and is subject to change without notice or even the slightest clue as to why. The first, middle, and last are probably my top three, in some order.

Cella Extra Extra Bio
Caswell Massey Number Six
Caswell Massey Almond
TOBS Mr. Taylor
TOBS Almond
GFT Spanish Leather
GFT Limes

Officina Artigiana Milano "Stay Traditional". I hated the scent the first time I used this soap, but then it filled my room with its scent and it grew up on me. After daily-ing the soap until I finished the jar, I moved back to my regular rotation of soaps (A&E, SV, Wholly Kaw, MWF, Tabac, RazoRocks plus a dozen more) and started missing the OAM. Two days ago I got a big stock of OAM soaps (and after shaves), which I now keep on my desk as "sniffers".

Keeping in mind that I'm a cheap son of a gun, my frankensoap of Arko/VDH Luxury/Dove Men+Care 3 in 1 Fresh Scent. It's not the Arko or the VDH, but the Fresh Scent is just wonderful.

1688177986971.png

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
ARKO! (soul recharger)

My tiny sample of Southern Witchcrafts Samhain (skin hates it; nose lurvs it)

Wickham’s 1912 Club Cola (after the ‘poisoned with Lemon Pledge part faded, it truly smells like a cola with lemon)

Col Conk v2 Bay Rum (smells like chai tea; happy nose)

Cella Extra Extra Bio (definitely isn’t marzipan; more like cologne?)

Saponifico Varesino 70th, Opuntia, Cubebe, and a few others (small samples — some actually smell better than ARKO! and that’s a true story, doggone it! They just don’t reassure my soul yet.)

Body Shop Maca Root and Aloe (subtle cologne)

No longer at Casa de Brogan, but fondly remembered:

Mitchell’s Wool Fat (skin went ow; nose went wow. Very effervescent)

Ach Brito Mogno (most severe case of nose/skin dichotomy. Mahogany for the win!)

Gentleman Jon’s shave soap (why does my brain crave the sandalwood my skin despises? Jail time for brain! Jail time for 1,000 years for brain!)

Top Bottom