What's new

Which Shaving Soaps have you sniffing over and over?

Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber
12-5.jpg

What is the scent of this like?
I would call it a strong barber shop scent, if that makes sense. My wife & her friends love how it makes the bathroom that I shave in smell.
From their site:
This is a classic barbershop scent with a western twist – main notes being bergamot, basil leaf, white patchouli, oakmoss, Texas cedar, leather, smoke, and gunpowder.

Last edited:
I would call it a strong barber shop scent, if that makes sense. My wife & her friends love how it makes the bathroom that I shave in smell.
From their site:
This is a classic barbershop scent with a western twist – main notes being bergamot, basil leaf, white patchouli, oakmoss, Texas cedar, leather, smoke, and gunpowder.
I like all of those scents. Where did you buy the soap?

Cella Red, just got a new tub and it makes me happy.
I love Cella red. It is an inexpensive tallow soap that smells great and performs well. I really wouldn't need another soap...well, I'd need some La Toja, too, but this could be my one and only.

I love Cella red. It is an inexpensive tallow soap that smells great and performs well. I really wouldn't need another soap...well, I'd need some La Toja, too, but this could be my one and only.
After 17 years of trying different soaps and such, this was one of my early soaps and something that I've come home to. La Toja is great too.

I like a lot of soaps, but really only actively using Cella, Fine American blend, Canada shave soap, Santa Maria del Fiore and Proraso. Not in that order. I have lots of others, but these are the ones that will get replaced when they run out. Also I'm convinced that the CSS tub will never empty.

Gonna go huff some more Cella...

Stirling Oro Valley. I've never smelled Tom Ford Ombre Leather and I never will at that price. But the Stirling soap and balm do quite nicely as far as I'm concerned.

From the past few samples that I've received ... really liking Zingari Man's The Royal. Royal sounds like it'd be dark and dank almost or boozy but it's really almost kinda "airy"? I have a sample of Eternal from 345 Soaps and it's also more subtle than you'd think but in a good way but you can't get it anymore.

Top Bottom