What's new

Which razors do you wish you hadn't bought?

The DE89 I bought my son just as he'd decided to grow a beard. He's kept the beard through the years since, but the razor is long gone.

Yuma de razor. The only razor that I tossed.
proxy.php

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fatip OC
Fatip Piccolo

Lotsa people love them, I didn't like either.

Razorock Game Changer .84
This one was a bit too aggressive for me. It was great for 2-3 days growth. As a daily shaver, I would get more and more irritation with each successive day. I was able to reverse my regret when I was fortunately able to find someone with a GC .68 head they were willing to trade for my GC .84 head. I love the GC .68 and it's now my most-used razor.

Yaqi SE so far has been the worst performing razor I've ever bought. Cheap KaKa! Glad I only bought the head. I have other Yaqi razors that are fine.

RR Gamechanger 84-P.
Just a poor balance of efficiency and smoothness for me - much harsher than the Mamba 70 and the GC68-OC, but for no real boost in efficiency.

Rockwell 6S
It feels slightly unfair to call this one a regret, it shaves pretty damn well with a variety of different plates... And yet... It just never gets used - the bulkiness of the head isn't particularly appealing to me and it just lacks any sense of elegance or grace, it just doesn't excite me enough to pick it up, which makes me wish I'd saved my money on it.

Vikings Blade Godfather, based on positive reviews that it would be a good choice for a beginner. Terrible razor. The blades are ok but nothing special. Definitely not worth 4x any decent blade.

I once purchased a DE razor on eBay that I mistakenly thought was a Gillette. I’m not sure of the brand, however you must make sure the blade is loaded evenly and it’s quite aggressive. Live and learn to read descriptions better!

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
My razors regret me more than I could ever regret them. Mostly because I shave first and brush my teeth next.

Vikings Blade Godfather, based on positive reviews that it would be a good choice for a beginner.
You know, that would have been my choice too. But, last minute I went with one of the Emperor adjustables. I don't love it and I am sure if I had used it as an only razor it would be falling apart by now. It has turned out to be a useful tool, with its dual comb head, a couple times a month for testing.

BBS1. Paid way too much for it and it wasn’t all that great
Thinking the Gibbs adjustable may be next, also paid way too much for it and it’s not in my top 3 adjustable razors

I only regret buying a few razors that just didn't work well for me for one reason or another.

Assylum RX....too aggressive for me
FOCS.....not a very smooth shaver
Schone OC....sucks for my face...rough and leaves lots of irritation
Karve Brass....lovely razor, but just didn't work well for me
Timeless Ti Slim.....not as efficient as I was hoping

Murker Futur - it is too aggressive for me. It could me my shaving technique issue but I get good shave from Rockwell 6C plate 3 or 4.

Top Bottom