What's new

Where In the World Am I?

OK, here's another one. This might be a toughie...looking for both the name on the monument and the location.

$SB-3.jpg

No more guesses? OK...it's in the United States and the monument marks the grave site of a famous military leader.

Last edited:
Sitting Bulls gravesite monument. While from the back the feather was a bit of a giveaway it was a native American. Quick google image search and bam! =)

Sitting Bulls gravesite monument. While from the back the feather was a bit of a giveaway it was a native American. Quick google image search and bam! =)

You got it! It's located near Mobridge, South Dakota. The water in the background is Lake Oahe, a man-made impoundment on the Missouri River.

What's interesting about the site, besides its almost total isolation and lack of tourist traffic, is the controversy over whether Sitting Bull is actually buried here or not. Seems there was a bit of a dust-up between the Mobridge folks and the residents of Fort Yates, North Dakota, his original grave site. See this article for more...http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/28961

Here's the monument from the front:
$sitting-bull.jpg

Last edited:
Not quite.. I am on the El Cap side taking a pic of the meadow. That should be 3 brothers in the background if I remember right.. I knew I needed a harder photo.

Well, I'll leave the guess of the specific location to someone who's been to Yosemite. It's on my bucket list, but that bucket's getting awfully full...

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Well, we haven't had some of them for some time, or?

Attachments

• $IMG_0189.jpg
    $IMG_0189.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 51
Top Bottom