What's new

What's your workout today?

Got stuck at a meeting until right before my gym closed. Managed to squeeze 45 minutes of intervals in on the treadmill. Back tomorrow for something more intense.

8 mile run with 4 miles at tempo pace.

I gotta get back into it. I stopped working out about a month ago because of things going on at work and that rolled right into the quake/tsunami/nuclear disaster.

I've gained 4lbs and feel like crap.

Tomorrow come hell or high water I'll be running even if it is slow, painful and only two miles.

Off for a cycle ride shortly, will do 20-30 hilly miles, when I get back I'll do a 10 1.5 minute rounds on the punch (and kick) bag, this afternoon I'll get 30 mins swimming in while the kids have a lesson. Shame my kettlebell hasn't arrived yet :biggrin1:

I went for an 11 mile bike ride today. First ride of the season. I was pulling my daughter in a trailer for most of it and wow did that wipe me out. I had to have the SWMBO pull her for a few miles in the middle.

Nothing real heavy. Picked up my Kuwahara aluminum hybrid bike from the shop. A major overhaul and tuneup was what it was.

Had the mechanic slap on a pair of flat pedals for the first time. I figure it's time to go flat, as they say (I'm 63). If I get serious with the biking thing, I can always slap the clip-ins back on.

Had a nice easy ride about town, doing errands and shopping. Like I said, not heavy at all, but it felt good to get back in the saddle!

CrossFit games open competition week 3

Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 5 minutes of:
Squat clean (165lb / 75kg)
Jerk (165lb / 75kg)

3 rds + 1

I knew as soon as they announced this one I was in for an ugly 5 minutes. 165 is about my body weight and up until I warmed up for my heat I couldn't do a split jerk. I haven't got a nice one now but at least I can get under the bar now.

Oh well hopefully the next event will be in my favor so I can climb out of the hole in the standings this one put me in.

I just found this thread, and I see another crossfitter a few posts above me. Nice!

I ran 3 miles this morning, and at noon I have,

Kettlebell Fran
21-15-9
Thrusters 135#
Pullups
Kettlebell Swings 53#

So that should be nice. Ha.

Then I will take a small run later with the wife who is doing C25k

Squats (3R@90%) PM 355

Right knee still feels like there's a gel pack under the skin but the left t-band seems to have started to loosen up finally.

5 rounds of:
30 Double Unders
3 Turkish Getups (1.5 pood)
10 Lunges

8:28

Slower then I would have liked but seeing as I haven't done a turkish getup with anything more then a 1 pood since last year I'll take it.

Top Bottom