What's new

What's Your Running Shoe?

Last dozen or so pairs have been Asics Nimbus! I might've started with them around Nimbus 3 (??) and now they are up to Nimbus 11. Only one or two bad
model years in the batch. They need to leave a good thing alone.

For my off-road miles (which is most of them) I use the Brooks Adrenaline ASR's - whatever the latest iteration is, and for road miles, the Brooks Adrenaline GTS. Relatively cheap (especially if you get them online at someplace like Sierra Trading Post), and I like the deep heel cup that Brooks uses. Been running in these since I started 3 years ago and got fitted at my local running shoe store.

For my off-road miles (which is most of them) I use the Brooks Adrenaline ASR's - whatever the latest iteration is, and for road miles, the Brooks Adrenaline GTS. Relatively cheap (especially if you get them online at someplace like Sierra Trading Post), and I like the deep heel cup that Brooks uses. Been running in these since I started 3 years ago and got fitted at my local running shoe store.

I picked up some La Sportiva Wildcats so I could go run some of my favorite hikes. I got the goretex since I started running through mud and puddles as a kid and will probably do so again when I head up to Clark's Creek this weekend.

Been rocking Saucony's for the past 10 years. Grid Trigon, Grid Pro Ride etc.

Always with Superfeet insoles though...can't live without those!

Mizuno Wave Inspire 5. I wore out one pair training for and running the Seattle Marathon in November. Now that I am preparing for another Marathon June 26th, I just got another pair

Mizuno Wave Inspire 5. I wore out one pair training for and running the Seattle Marathon in November. Now that I am preparing for another Marathon June 26th, I just got another pair

Rock 'n' Roll? See you there!

I'm on Puma Vectanas. Also have Brooks Adrenaline as backups (old shoe).

I'm amazed at the Vibrams fans in here.. I guess it's the natural way of shaving and wanting to shave naturally as well!

I'm currently rocking the KSO's... They're awesome. Only seen them twice, once was by a guy at a running store that sells them... So Once. Often going shod.. I can't run barefoot in the military =(

Got my toes stuck in a treadmill with the VFF. Love them. Saw my sister wearing mismatched socks, now I want another pair so I can mismatch!

proxy.php

[image source: http://runcolo.com/blog/vibram-five-fingers/]

For those of you running in the VFFs, what sort of mileage are you doing (e.g., 10k, marathon) and how often? Have you given up on other shoes? I have a pair and have been using them on a treadmill to find my form and buid strength, but it feels slow going.

For those of you running in the VFFs, what sort of mileage are you doing (e.g., 10k, marathon) and how often? Have you given up on other shoes? I have a pair and have been using them on a treadmill to find my form and buid strength, but it feels slow going.

Another VFF user here. I normally run 3 - 5 miles in them 2 - 3 times a week. All of my runs are outdoors on asphalt/concrete. It took about a week and a half to get used to them, but I haven't looked back.

I have run in my old shoes (ASICS 2150) on occasion to see if I can tell a difference. The VFFs actually changed my gait, and I was mid striking in my "normal" shoes. My old shoes feel quite a bit heavier.

For those in the military, I took my PFT (AF 1.5 miles) last week in VFFs. I ran it in 9:24, which I was happy with. I didnt think I would do as well, because I have been running for distance lately, and not speed. I'm not saying that it was all because of the VFFs, but they don't hurt.

If anyone is interested, VFFs are releasing a running specific model any time now: Biklia They look a little thicker than the current offering, but may convince other people to try them out.

I love my VFFs and highly recommend them.

Brooks Beast here as well. I have a great running shoe store near me and for big guys with flat feet, they push the Beast.

But I have an "in" with Nike and have also tried their Air Max+ and find that to be one of the most comfortable running shoes I've ever tried.

5-10k, ~3x/week. I don't wear any other athletic shoes, but tend to wear boots when not dressed so casually. I needed about 2-3 weeks to adjust; be sure to do it gradually.

For those in the military, I took my PFT (AF 1.5 miles) last week in VFFs. I ran it in 9:24, which I was happy with. I didnt think I would do as well, because I have been running for distance lately, and not speed. I'm not saying that it was all because of the VFFs, but they don't hurt.

I love my VFFs and highly recommend them.

Awesome!! As for me I occasionally run in my VFFs. Ran 1.5 miles last Monday, stupid iPhone messed up my time,got a blister as well. I'm leaving for BMT soon, I'm 100% sure I will be unable to wear them so been training in both my Vibrams and Nike. But it's awesome that I'll be able to wear them for PT in the military.

Top Bottom