What's new

What's Your Running Shoe?

Starting my second week of the Couch to 5k program Monday. Been using a pair of VFF (the classic variety), and have really been enjoying them. Minor tenderness in the feet that I've attributed to lack of callouses, and some soreness in my calves, but that's pretty understandable given the zero exercise I'd been doing up until this.

There's a bit of a learning curve when you start running or even walking with fivefingers but once you learn how to do it you'll never look back. You'll be surprised at first how much you're heel striking and not knowing it.
But with shoes on like fivefingers there's a whole lot of self correction happening. I know on my first run with them I very quickly learned not to heel strike. :yikes:

My only regret is living in a country where it's not possible to wear them 12 months of the year.

That's quitter talk, now get out there and pack some snow with barely anything on your feet! :lol::lol::lol:

Starting my second week of the Couch to 5k program Monday. Been using a pair of VFF (the classic variety), and have really been enjoying them. Minor tenderness in the feet that I've attributed to lack of callouses, and some soreness in my calves, but that's pretty understandable given the zero exercise I'd been doing up until this.

The pain diminishes and one day you wake up and have to force yourself to not run because it is a recovery day. Welcome to your new obsession! You'll do great. What week and day are you on?

i currently run in saucony classic
i was thinking about switching to asic's, but i'm intrigued with those VFF.

I am currently using Nike Lunarglide +. I like them so far. I used to use Nike Air Maxmoto 5's. The Lunarglides are significantly lighter but seem to be at least as stable and cushioning as the Maxmoto's were.

I don't run much(being 250lbs and squatting 3 times a week is hard enough on my knees) but when I do I have a pair of Nike free runs, or I cheap pair of soccer cleats for hill sprints.

I don't run much(being 250lbs and squatting 3 times a week is hard enough on my knees) but when I do I have a pair of Nike free runs, or I cheap pair of soccer cleats for hill sprints.

If I'm pushing a car (that's kinda like running, right?) i just wear my lifting shoes (chuck taylors).

If I'm actually going to run....who am i kidding, i don't run...i have some lebron james bball shoes for the court.

I do have some Nike frees for rope jumping/sprint work/other conditioning stuff.

If I'm pushing a car (that's kinda like running, right?) i just wear my lifting shoes (chuck taylors).

If I'm actually going to run....who am i kidding, i don't run...i have some lebron james bball shoes for the court.

I do have some Nike frees for rope jumping/sprint work/other conditioning stuff.

it's like a really big prowler, weighted sprints. I have chucks but they're strictly deadlifting shoes now, I have a pair of oly shoes for squats and benching.

Top Bottom