What's new

What's your most expensive pen?

In general, I collect relatively inexpensive user pens. But I do have three valuable pens: a Visconti Wall Street Limited Edition (probably worth about $700 now), a Montblanc LeGrand in pristine condition (probably about $450), and a Tibaldi Modelo 60 in the yellow/blue striped celluloid (probably about $475 now?).

What valuable/expensive pens do y'all own?

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
My older Montblanc 149 is it I guess since my most valuable Pelikans probably top out around $300+

Kingfisher, you are fortunate to have one of those beautiful Modelo 60s, those are getting hard to find! I was lucky enough to be able use one once, a very expressive fine nib as I remember.

Gee I've never looked at them that way...... Let's see

A toss up between a Plum colored "51" set with Gold Caps, a couple of my very customized Edisons, each one of them 350-400+ ??

Oh, I almost forgot...... I also have a Pelikan San Francisco. Those are getting pretty valuable, too. The nib was Binderized, too. It's a very reliable writer.

Yeah, the Modelo 60 is a wonderful pen. I also have a collection of three amazingly beautiful celluloid Tibaldi mechanical pencils.

The only pens I have that's half way expenisve are a Montblanc Meisterstuck roller ball and an Edison Glenmont.
Everything else falls under the $100 mark as far as I know.

So far my TWSBI 530 is the most expensive pen I own...

But, the LE Edison coming down the pike will take that spot by a long shot.

My most "expensive" will be the new upcoming B&B LE Edison. My most "valuable" pen is the Waterman Laureat my dad bought me when I graduated High School.

My most "expensive" will be the new upcoming B&B LE Edison. My most "valuable" pen is the Waterman Laureat my dad bought me when I graduated High School.

That value can not be set in dollars, and by a country mile....the most valuable.

None of my pens are incredibly valuable -- maybe a vintage Pelikan that goes for about $110, and a Vanishing Point Stealth worth about the same or slightly more, are the two priciest? I tend to have user-grade vintage pens under the $100 mark, and most well under.

I have been collecting vintage fountain pens for four years now. I have a BCHR that is being repaired estimated value $100..I have never looked at the dollar value of my vintage pens, to me they are valuable to me.

Probably My MB Writer's Series pens. Some of them have appreciated like crazy (Proust, Agatha Christie, Poe). I still wish I had bought the Hemingway when it came out. It retailed for about $475. I could have picked up the BP at Costco in 1996 for $175 each (now they are going for $750 to $900!!!)

Last edited:
Probably My MB Writer's Series pens. Some of them have appreciated like crazy (Proust, Agatha Christie, Poe). I still wish I had bought the Hemingway when it came out. It retailed for about $475. I could have picked up the BP at Costco in 1996 for $175 each (bow they are going for $750 to $900!!!

LOVE the Poe! Shoulda and coulda bought one when it came out. Had it in my hands, and then chose an blue Aurora Optima instead. Really regretted that decision.

Gold Waterman Preface. I bought it from a second-hand store in 1998 for $30, in mint condition, with the case and papers. I later saw the same pen, new, at a local store for $289. My most valuable pen to me is the gold Sheaffer Imperial that I got when I graduated from high school. It was my first good fountain pen.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
The most expensive is my MB Writer's Series. I have the Thomas Mann and the Mark Twain Fountain Pens. Very expensive, but a joy to use.

Top Bottom