What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

They arrived today, the bulk KCG blades I posted about above. Too late to try out but here's a few photos.

I looked on Amazon, I don't see these listed? Only the usual 10 for $7.

Edit: while they didn't come up in the search, they came up at the bottom of another Gillette listing as a recommendation.

proxy.php

For $15.94. Made in China but if they are as good as the originals, this is a great price.

Last edited:
Last edited:
In the upper left corner it's stamped with Made in China.... Just as I suspected according to the listing.

Even if you choose the 10 blade pack option, you're likely to get the made in China KCG blades now. That's what I received last time from Amazon even though they were listed as made in Russian Federation and that was a few months ago. The most recent reviews seem to be bearing that out also.

I’m tempted to order 100, but I feel the need to wait until more reviews are available.

Lol, I ordered 100ct Perma-Sharp half blades yesterday for my SoloEdge. I thought it might work well for head shaves due to crazed fanboy ravings of @gpjoe 😜. But from what I've been reading in this thread, it'll be my luck they send regular DE blades which I don't really need. I'm well stocked on Perma-Sharps.

edit: that was the Perma-Sharp thread. Where members were ordering DE blades and receiving half-blades because they were labeled incorrectly in the warehouse.
Wish me luck.

Back on topic, I received 100 7 O'clock Super Stainless (green) because it's the only 7OC blade I have yet to try.

Last edited:
Smart move!

Just discovered this today on Amazon. The hundred pack of Treet Kings are now only $5.99.

proxy.php

That's 6¢ each! That's stupid pricing for these fine blades. A full 25% less than they have been selling for.
Nice price. RBC must be running a sale. I saw a number of price reductions on AMAZON including 100 Treet Dura Sharps for $4.99 and 100 Lord Platinums for $6.99. Stock up now if you like these blades, gents.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I tried one yesterday and then today I used one from the 10 pack I got back in September. Both made in China, kept everything else the same as well and they both felt about the same. One shave in one razor doesn't mean much obviously but I'm optimistic so far. Tomorrow I'll use the one from the bulk pack again. I used it in a New Improved, last year I tried the KCG-China blade in that plus a Red Tip and a short comb NEW. I'm thinking I'll do the same with this one.
Okay. Thanks. Pulled the trigger. I have only tried the Russian KCG blades and love them. Hopefully these are good too.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Nice price. RBC must be running a sale. I saw a number of price reductions on AMAZON including 100 Treet Dura Sharps for $4.99 and 100 Lord Platinums for $6.99. Stock up now if you like these blades, gents.
I just had 500 Dura Sharps delivered while we were in Bali... but at that price, another 500 are on the way.... I'm pretty sure my little, thin fishing tackle boxes full of blades will survive me... but our sons will never want for a DE or AC blade. <eg>

I got in on the RBC sale, too. All I wanted was some Astra SPs which I got for $7.99 (supposed to be the Russian ones). I wound up getting in addition a hundred Treet Dura Sharps for $4.99 and a hundred Shark Super Chrome for $4.99. They were offering a lot of blades really cheap - Treet Black Beauties $4.99/100, ASCO orange $4.99/100, some Sharp, Abest, Champion $4.99/100. I took the Thursday delivery day option thing and got a $2.25 digital credit also. Maybe I'll get a Kindle book with it or some MORE blades.

ASCO orange $4.99/100
Danny Devito Smh GIF

I went all in on Treet this week, inspired by a couple excellent shaves with a Treet Dura-Sharp (PIF from @EasyDoesIt ) and by missing a PIF of Treet 7-Days Platinum from @Eric_75 :

Treet 7-Days Platinum (at $8.99), plus a 100-blade Treet sampler from RBC (at $4.99, though it looks like price is up to $9.99 now). Sampler has the following:

• Treet Carbon Steel
  • Treet Classic
  • Treet Dura-Sharp
  • Treet New Edge
  • Treet New Steel
  • Treet Silver
  • Trig Silver Edge
  • Treet King
  • Treet Platinum
  • Treet Falcon

Last edited:
I went all in on Treet this week, inspired by a couple excellent shaves with a Treet Dura-Sharp (PIF from @EasyDoesIt ) and by missing a PIF of Treet 7-Days Platinum from @Eric_75 :

Treet 7-Days Platinum (at $8.99), plus a 100-blade Treet sampler from RBC (at $4.99, though it looks like price in up to $9.99 now). Sampler has the following:

• Treet Carbon Steel
  • Treet Classic
  • Treet Dura-Sharp
  • Treet New Edge
  • Treet New Steel
  • Treet Silver
  • Trig Silver Edge
  • Treet King
  • Treet Platinum
  • Treet Falcon

This is how I rank the ones I have tried from best down. That said, I think the Dura Sharp is very good as a one or two shave blade. Its sharpness drops off quickly which is why I don't have it as high as the Platinum or King which are stainless steel.
  • Treet Platinum
  • Treet King
  • Treet Dura-Sharp
  • Treet Falcon
  • Treet Carbon Steel

This is how I rank the ones I have tried from best down. That said, I think the Dura Sharp is very good as a one or two shave blade. Its sharpness drops off quickly which is why I don't have it as high as the Platinum or King which are stainless steel.
  • Treet Platinum
  • Treet King
  • Treet Dura-Sharp
  • Treet Falcon
  • Treet Carbon Steel
Nice. I’m looking forward to trying all of these.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.

Treet 7-Days Platinum (at $8.99), plus a 100-blade Treet sampler from RBC (at $4.99, though it looks like price is up to $9.99 now). Sampler has the following:

• Treet Carbon Steel
  • Treet Classic
  • Treet Dura-Sharp
  • Treet New Edge
  • Treet New Steel
  • Treet Silver
  • Trig Silver Edge
  • Treet King
  • Treet Platinum
  • Treet Falcon
I have a lot more PIFs coming up when I get back to Nashville in 5 weeks. Keep entering, sir. :)

Top Bottom