What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I agree with @spacemonkey42, the Dorco Prime is pretty sharp. Not quite to a Perma-Sharp however if that is a deal-breaker for you. I think the Dorco Prime is in the same range as the Lord Silver Star or the Russian Gillette Platinum, and all three are very good in that next tier of sharpness.

If you want to go a bit out of the box, you could try the Treet Dura Sharp in the blue tucks. It's carbon steel so most people won't try to get a lot of shaves from a single blade, but if you don't mind using a blade and tossing it after < 3 shaves, it could be it. The Dura Sharp has very strong initial cutting ability.
@cranewarrior , I ordered ummmm "some" Treet Dura Sharp blades from Amazon... The price was right. I'll try them when we get back from Bali in a couple weeks... The time is flying by here... and with the internet, I can shop while we're away... What a wonderful world in which we live. <eg>

So, based on the sample size of one blade used 4 times, these Indian made Astras are every bit as good as the old ones.
I have observed most reviews I have seen say the Indian Astras are not identical to the Russian ones, but still are very similar. It's a toss-up whether people prefer one or the other. I think that's a fantastic outcome. Same occurrence with the new Chinese Gillette Platinums. I hope for a similar scenario with the Gillette Silver Blue.

I have observed most reviews I have seen say the Indian Astras are not identical to the Russian ones, but still are very similar. It's a toss-up whether people prefer one or the other. I think that's a fantastic outcome. Same occurrence with the new Chinese Gillette Platinums. I hope for a similar scenario with the Gillette Silver Blue.
I don’t think I am qualified to recognize minute differences between blades. As far as I can tell, the Indian Astra was sharp and smooth on the first four shaves. Tomorrow I will use it for the fifth and final shave and toss.

Just received 200 Nacets from Jordan. Bought them on ebay from seller "mem8shop". Total cost was $18.98. Took about a month to get to me. Extremely well packaged and the condition of the items was better than I received from some vendors in the US. As always, YMMV.

Just received 200 Nacets from Jordan. Bought them on ebay from seller "mem8shop". Total cost was $18.98. Took about a month to get to me. Extremely well packaged and the condition of the items was better than I received from some vendors in the US. As always, YMMV.
I've used this seller myself and echo the good feedback.

Now we need some Turkish seller arbitrage so we can get Perma-Sharps cheaply like the Nacets.

Just ordered a bulk pack of 100 KCG blades from Amazon. At $15.94 delivered how could I resist? It didn't say where they were made but presumably China. I've used both Russian and Chinese made KCGs with great results so I'm good either way.
91q-yL4ONBL._SL1500_.jpg

Just ordered a bulk pack of 100 KCG blades from Amazon. At $15.94 delivered how could I resist? It didn't say where they were made but presumably China. I've used both Russian and Chinese made KCGs with great results so I'm good either way.
View attachment 1812003
Never seen these in anything but tens before, at around 14 AUD with occasional small price reductions.

Hate to spoil a good time but these sound suspiciously cheap.

Edit - I think it's telling that even Razorbladesclub doesn't seem to have a cheap bulk price for KCGs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom