What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

Personna Lab Blue Comfort Coated
Tried this blade for the first time the other day, fantastic few shaves! Figured it was worth stocking up on! Will be buying more of these!
View attachment 1812022
Well, ended up returning them to that rainforest store. As far as I can tell they were not lab blues.
IMG_8887.jpeg
IMG_8885.jpeg

Fortunately, we have a legit vendor here and I placed an order for 500 of them through them! Thank you Shane, @Blackland Razors!! Should be here Monday! 😃🤙 pics when they arrive!

Heard good reviews about Chinese Flydear razor blades so I checked them out on Aliexpress. So here is the thing. They offer a huge discount on your first purchase on certain items. Flydear was one of them . 3.99 euros for 100 with shipping. Thought “ what the heck I’ll try” Got them and tried them out. Not bad at all. So I created a new account and wait for it… 0,49. cents for 100 with delivery .Kid you not. 3 weeks later and got them today.Probably fake fakes but 0,49 cents for 100 blades!?!

Attachments

• IMG_0656.jpeg
    IMG_0656.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
Those look like the German made ones. Any more pictures of the packaging? Did you notice any spelling mistakes?
Unfortunately, these are the only photos I took. I didn’t notice any spelling errors on them. The 120 packs had what looks like the German made blades, which are good blades don’t get me wrong but not what I wanted, already have a handful or two of those. The straight 100 packs have unmarked blades in them. First shave with one of those is what made me question the authenticity.
IMG_8887.jpeg
IMG_8888.jpeg
IMG_8885.jpeg
IMG_8886.jpeg
IMG_8736.jpeg

Hope this helps. 🤷‍♂️

Buyer beware I suppose!

Buyer beware I suppose!

What a mess!

Pick one of the following:
1. Fakes
2. Someone returned them, switching one blade for another
3. Personna honest mistake
4. Personna purposely selling the wrong product
5. It’s COVID’s fault!

I will be passing on lab blues and wait for the new Acuthrive?/ Accutech? packaging.

Plenty or other reliable blades in the world.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, these are the only photos I took. I didn’t notice any spelling errors on them. The 120 packs had what looks like the German made blades, which are good blades don’t get me wrong but not what I wanted, already have a handful or two of those. The straight 100 packs have unmarked blades in them. First shave with one of those is what made me question the authenticity.
View attachment 1816660View attachment 1816659View attachment 1816662View attachment 1816661View attachment 1816663
Hope this helps. 🤷‍♂️

Buyer beware I suppose!
From what I'm seeing the 120 /pk's you have look like they've never been opened yet. Have you thought about opening one or both to check what the blades look like in them? I'm wondering how the Personna Platinums wound up in a Lab Blue box though!!

From what I'm seeing the 120 /pk's you have look like they've never been opened yet. Have you thought about opening one or both to check what the blades look like in them? I'm wondering how the Personna Platinums wound up in a Lab Blue box though!!
I opened them. Opened one package of the 120 to check them. Those were the platinum chrome blades, at least that was the writing on them. Didn’t test that blade. The plain 100 pack had no markings on those blades, in either box.

And no idea how they ended up in there 🤷‍♂️ silly mistake at best, bad intentions at worst?

Sent ‘em back and ordered from @Blackland Razors! Should be here this afternoon yet! I’ll post pictures after the post man delivers them.

I opened them. Opened one package of the 120 to check them. Those were the platinum chrome blades, at least that was the writing on them. Didn’t test that blade. The plain 100 pack had no markings on those blades, in either box.

And no idea how they ended up in there 🤷‍♂️ silly mistake at best, bad intentions at worst?

Sent ‘em back and ordered from @Blackland Razors! Should be here this afternoon yet! I’ll post pictures after the post man delivers them.

The craziest thing would be to find 100 made in the US and the 20 bonus ones made in Germany.

Wow, that was quick!

Did you notice a difference in the quality of the cardboard used to make the box (glossiness, thickness,etc.)? Or in the paper used to wrap the blades?
There was one thing that I thought was strange. On the first blade I pulled out of the pack of 100, the wrapping had what looked like some green ink on it. 🤷‍♂️ Second wrapped blade had it too, third blade did not. No idea. As far as I could tell everything else seemed legit.
IMG_8997.jpeg

Top Bottom