What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

An afternoon pick me up.

A cup of Burundi beans made in the Aeropress. A bit of Coffee Rich was added.

This is a very good bean

IMG_2570.jpeg

Today, I was brewing Ubora Coffee (Augusta, GA) - Peru Cajamarca beans in my Hario V60-01 Switch.
I first tried the Tales Coffee single-pour recipe but I was not awake enough to pull that off. I could tell by the looks and dryness of the brew bed before I was finished that the coffee was not going to be good.

I then tried the Coffee Chronicler recipe (hybrid recipe) (which is much easier to do first thing in the morning when you are not all that alert) and it was bitter. I will grind courser next time. The upshot is that scaling down my regular dose from 18g to 15g (for 1:15) ratio will not overflow the V60-01 cone. Tomorrow is another day. :biggrin1:

Have a great day gents!

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Good morning, coffee crew.

Mad Priest Dark Night of the Soul. French Press. Black.

It's 70° in Music City right now and we're headed up to around 80° today. More scattered thunderstorms expected. I'm seeing a severe weather alert for this afternoon. Maybe 6 hours of sleep last night. My round bistro table with bar stools arrived yesterday, so I'll be putting that together after I wake up and the fog clears from my mind. We had a little more wine than expected last night. The first date went very well and we have another one this Friday afternoon. :)

Have a blessed day, my friends.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune

Mad Priest Dark Night of the Soul. French Press. Black.

It's 70° in Music City right now and we're headed up to around 80° today. More scattered thunderstorms expected. I'm seeing a severe weather alert for this afternoon. Maybe 6 hours of sleep last night. My round bistro table with bar stools arrived yesterday, so I'll be putting that together after I wake up and the fog clears from my mind. We had a little more wine than expected last night. The first date went very well and we have another one this Friday afternoon. :)

Congrats on the fun date... Friday will be here in no time.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I've been using up the Don Pablo Colombian Supremo lately. It's a bit more bold than their Signature Blend... I might change my opinion after I've finished this 2 lb. bag, but at the moment, I still think I prefer the Signature Blend.

It was 93F in the air today.... around 98 on the road. I checked the humidity a 3PM.... only 38%... So I guess this is still Spring. <eg>

Well, it’s morning and life’s good so a hearty good morning is how I’ll start my day today. This morning it was some Cafe Kreyol Brazil beans brewed by the ever so trusty Moccamaster. My best wishes for all your wishes to come to fruition, you fine upstanding gentlemen! To dream the impossible dream…how grand! Peace fellers ✌️

Eric_75

Not made for these times.

Eight O'Clock Original. French Press. Black.

It's 66° in Music City right now with a high around 85°. We had some heavy rain overnight. The thunder woke me up several times but I still managed to get about 6 hours of sleep. It looks like the storms will be clearing out this morning though. Not much going on today other than sending a few emails out and meeting a couple friends for lunch at Sam's Place (Nipper's Corner location) Steak tacos and a cold beer are in order. 🌮🍺

Top Bottom