What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

IMG_3387.JPG

Double shot macchiato for today

Top o’the morning to ya lads! This morning it was some more of my medium mixture of beans from the container, brewed by the Moccamaster and thoroughly enjoyed by my ever so grateful soul. It’s gonna be a beautiful day even if the sky starts to fall! I’m going to keep on keeping on, and so should you too! I mean, what else can a man do but whistle through his teeth and spit?!?!?! Have a good’un fellers 👍

Aroma Red combined with warm milk from the milk frother. Preheated the cups using warm water from the prerun with the machine. Used a flat spinner in the milk frother as I kind of like my milk to be flat rather than capuccino style. Two excellent cups of coffee - otherwise the day just hasn't started.

Have a great Sunday.

Guido.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Good morning, coffee crew.

Eight O'Clock Original. French Press. Black.

It's 63° in Music City right now with a high around 83°. Thunderstorms possible this afternoon. I picked up a bag of Mad Priest Dark Night of the Soul yesterday. Thanks again to Trevor @rudygu for introducing me to this one. I'll dig out my grinder this evening. It's still packed in a tote. I'm looking forward to going to Taj this afternoon. It's my favorite Indian restaurant in Nashville. My dear friend Fr. James will be joining me for lunch. It's been great catching up with my friends here in town. Here's to a peaceful Sunday.

I hope lots of blessings come your way as we enter a new week, crew.

Americano pulled with Stirling Sumatra this morning. This may be my favorite Stirling offering so far.

My son and I are headed a couple hours away today to a course near Chattanooga. He‘s going to play a practice round for an upcoming tournament with a friend of his while I hang out with his friend’s dad. I love doing this stuff and I do try to make the absolute most of these moments while I still have them.
IMG_8801.jpeg

Today is a mix of Organic Sumatra and Dunkin to use some things up. The Wolfpack has come and gone and I learned the following:

1. Male wolf age 4 wants to be a teenager so he can lay on the couch and watch YouTube.

2. Female wolf age 2 and 1/2 sees pictures of herself and when I tell her she is cute, she says: I know I cute.

3. Female wolf age 7 said the little wolf might be cute, but she is not nice sometimes.

Today will be a day of recovery.
IMG_4777.jpeg

Today: Leftover drip Maxwelhouse Smooth Bold warmed up in the microwave. Does the trick quite nicely and went well with a breakfast of leftover home fries from Thursday supplemented with cut up leftover french fries, a link of hot Italian sausage and three over easy eggs. Oh, and I snarffed two enormous strawberries while waiting for my third cup of coffee to heat up in the microwave.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
My Don Pablo’s signature blend Yeti full is much less than full at the moment. It’s after 2:30PM, so not unexpected.

It’s 88F in the air and 93F road temperature. 43% humidity. Not bad for Florida. No rain in sight and the clouds are beautiful today.

I decided to revisit the Tales Coffee single-pour recipe with my opaque Hario V60-01 and see how things work with my new grinder. I figured I would try out the recipe during the day to get used to the recipe before attempting it first thing in the morning.
I used my Ubora Coffee (Augusta, GA) - Peru Cajamarca beans.

I think I may have poured too slowly as did not see the grinds drop before I finished pouring all my water (I scaled the recipe to 15g and 225ml of water). So even though my technique with this recipe needs work, the coffee came out tasting great!

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Good morning, coffee crew.

Mad Priest Dark Night of the Soul. French Press. Black.

It's 68° in Music City right now with a high around 79°. It's a rainy morning here and it looks like we're in for thunderstorms all day into the evening. I got about 7 hours of peaceful sleep last night. I ground up some beans yesterday evening and I'm really enjoying the Mad Priest this morning. A few errands to run today and some online things to take care of for one of my music supervisors but that's about it.

Have a blessed Monday, friends.

Top Bottom