What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

IMG_3379.jpg

Long black and a Tim Tam today.
When I was pulling a shot for my brother, it was taking way too long. I think the beans are getting bit old. I adjusteed the grind one click coarser on the grinder and that seems to have fixed the issue.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Good morning, coffee crew.

Eight O'Clock Original. French press. Black.

It's 67° in Nashville with a high around 79°. It looks like we're in for more rain today. I got about 7 hours of sleep last night. I'm going to stop by Publix this afternoon. I've really missed that store and I'm glad it's only minutes away from my apartment. I'll pick up an Italian sub from the deli and check and see if they still have Mad Priest Dark Night of the Soul and Sloth Dispelling coffee while I'm there. :)

Have a blessed Saturday, my friends.

May the 4th morning pull. Americano with Stirling Sumatra - a bit of half & half was added.
IMG_8779.jpeg

I'm going to stop by Publix this afternoon. I've really missed that store and I'm glad it's only minutes away from my apartment. I'll pick up an Italian sub from the deli and check and see if they still have Mad Priest Dark Night of the Soul and Sloth Dispelling coffee while I'm there. :)
I’ve been to Publix maybe once since you left. It only took 1-2 days of you coming back and posting about it to make me miss it. Now I’m wondering about the Mad Priest coffees too lol.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
May the 4th morning pull. Americano with Stirling Sumatra - a bit of half & half was added.View attachment 1840491

I’ve been to Publix maybe once since you left. It only took 1-2 days of you coming back and posting about it to make me miss it. Now I’m wondering about the Mad Priest coffees too lol.
According to the website my local Publix still has it. I'll let you know, my friend. 🤞

GM all
Wow, picked up a temporary bag of beans, pending decisions which green beans to purchase for roasting
While shopping for meat at a trendy market,,, the coffee section was littered with new local roasters,,
Only grabbed a bag as i was out of coffee
////
Wow this coffee taste amazing,,,
I tend to love Guatemala coffee’s
And this one immediately goes up the list
Just wow
Amazing cup,,,
Blessings all
IMG_2440.jpeg

Good morning, coffee crew.

Eight O'Clock Original. French press. Black.

It's 67° in Nashville with a high around 79°. It looks like we're in for more rain today. I got about 7 hours of sleep last night. I'm going to stop by Publix this afternoon. I've really missed that store and I'm glad it's only minutes away from my apartment. I'll pick up an Italian sub from the deli and check and see if they still have Mad Priest Dark Night of the Soul and Sloth Dispelling coffee while I'm there. :)

Have a blessed Saturday, my friends.
I have to say those coffee names have to be some of the more unique names I have seen quite a while!
I had to go look up Mad Priest Coffee Roasters just to see what it was about.

I loved the tasting notes for the 'Dark Night of the Soul': Sunshine, Puppy Kisses and Sigh of Relief.

The 'Forbidden Fruit' looks interesting. It has tasting notes of Sinful, Shameful and Blissful.

The 'Sloth Dispelling Breakfast Blend' gives you a little more help with what the coffee actually tastes like: Smooth, Nutty, Balanced.

That reminded me of Bridge City's Fell and Fair blend: Chocolate, Mulberry, Adventure.

Thanks for sharing!

Today was the final brew of my bag of Longneck Coffee Roasters (Williamsburg, VA) - Mexico La Laja Honey Process beans.
I used the my V2 plastic April brewer with the James Perry Coffee - Standard 3 Pour recipe.
From this brew, I learned that the grinder settings for the opaque plastic V60-01 and the V2 plastic April brewer closely line up. That will be helpful for my next brews with those brewers as I continue to adjust to the new grinder.

Last edited:
Peace Guatemala Dark Roast using a Chemex 8 cup pour over. Coffee is pored into stainless steel thermos. Next is to sit on the porch with some morning coffee. :biggrin1:
Chemex is a great method for pour over. I had a vintage, perfect condition, mouth blown Chemex at one point quite a number of years ago, original box, leather tie and wooden collar. I ended up selling it on ebay for a nice pinch so someone would get more regular use out of it than I was. It's become a cabinet queen.

Now I use a Melitta pour over cone (unbleached filter) into my cup, Klean Kanteen 20 oz, or my Blendtec Twister jar, depending upon what I'm going to do with the resultant brew.

I modded a Hario hand grinder to accept my drill chuck (a non-destructive mod) so I'm not standing around "hand" grinding in the morning. Have been using this tool for 15 years and it works perfectly. At the time, as well now, I couldn't justify the expense of a coffee grinder spending time on my counter as I've rather limited space. The grind mechanism is ceramic cone burr, the assembly fits on a Mason/Ball jar (broke the original jar in less than a year's time). The 16 oz jar size is just right for pre-grinding a couple of day's worth or grind as I need.

Top Bottom