What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

Good morning fellas

This morning is a Brazilian bean again. Made in the Bunn with a bit of Coffee Rich added.

No work today but have an appointment with the Toyota dealership for a 15K check up on the Camry.

IMG_2515.jpeg

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Good morning, coffee crew.

Eight O'Clock Original in the french press. Black.

It's 67° in Music City right now with a high around 79°. It looks like we're in for plenty of rain throughout the day. I got about 7 hours of peaceful sleep last night. I'm really enjoying my new place. It has plenty of storage space (@blethenstrom, the blade stash will be in the bedroom walk-in closet as I have plenty of shelving in there :ihih:) Again, it's wonderful to back here with you, crew. 🤝

Happy Friday, friends.

Good morning, coffee crew.

Eight O'Clock Original in the french press. Black.

It's 67° in Music City right now with a high around 79°. It looks like we're in for plenty of rain throughout the day. I got about 7 hours of peaceful sleep last night. I'm really enjoying my new place. It has plenty of storage space (@blethenstrom, the blade stash will be in the bedroom walk-in closet as I have plenty of shelving in there :ihih:) Again, it's wonderful to back here with you, crew. 🤝

Happy Friday, friends.
Very good, but are you sure that you will fit all those blades there?

Morning guys,

Today is Organic Sumatra. We have to get some supplies for the Wolfpack or as it known by who they really are the 3 grandkids. We were eating dinner with them a few months ago and the topic of wolves came up. I told them that wolves communicate by howls and we were off. The meal turned into a series of laughing and howling. I told them you guys are a Wolfpack now and it stuck.
IMG_4765.jpeg

GM
Went to a trendy meat market to buy few items, surprisingly they had lots of varieties of local roasters
Since i am out of coffee, and green beens to roast, i picked up a bag, pending me ordering more coffee to roast

Grabbed the right bag as this Guatemala coffee is excellent
Goggle the roaster, they also sell green unroasted beans
IMG_2438.jpeg

Today I had to laugh at myself for my brew attempts.

I was brewing Longneck Coffee Roasters (Williamsburg, VA) - Mexico La Laja Honey Process beans using the opaque plastic Hario V60-01 and the James Hoffmann "A Better 1 Cup V60 Technique" recipe looking to find a good setting on my new grinder for that recipe. The resulting brew was a little dry (meaning too much extraction), so my plan was to grind coarser. However, for some unknown reason, I adjust the grinder to a finer setting. I did not notice my error until after I had wet the filter and dumped the coffee into the brewer.

I then went rifling through my recipes looking for one that would produce less extraction (to compensate for me grinding finer) and would scale to the 15g dose I had ground. I decided to go with the Coffee Chronicler Kalita Wave advanced brew recipe with Gabi DripMaster B (see link below) which from my notes had worked well with my opaque plastic Hario V60-02 in the past, so I thought I would give it a try. I know the opaque plastic versions V60-01 and V60-02 have different size holes and different flow rates but I gave it a try. Surprisingly, it turned out well! This was the first time I have ever used that recipe with the V60-01.

Since the V60-01 size is working for me, I finally pulled the trigger to order a glass Hario V60-01 to swap out the cone of my Hario Switch. I am hoping the lower profile will allow for better pouring speed control. Having the spout closer to the brew bed should also help with the resulting flavor. I have been debating that purchase for more than a year.

I put my V3 HyperChiller in the freezer tonight to get ready to brew for warmer outdoor temperatures.

Also, since I am still in the process of seasoning my grinder and getting rid of the metallic taste, I decided to temporarily stop brewing in my Fellows mugs and take page from from @rudygu and brew into ceramic mugs (if I am not brewing into a server).

Top Bottom