What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

IMG_4185.jpeg

I picked up a bag of Eight O'Clock Coffee -The Original (whole Bean) coffee yesterday for the purpose of seasoning my new grinder to the point of losing the metallic aftertaste (hopefully). Tonight, I ground 2/3 of the bag for seasoning but held back about 100g of coffee just to get a few grind settings for some other brewers.

I did three brews tonight. One with the Hario Mugen using the April Coffee recipe and two with Kalita Wave 155 using the Project Barista 155 Recipe. I was using ballpark settings I found in comments on YouTube, knowing that those settings were not for these brewers. None of the settings yielded good cups but I now know three settings not to use. :001_rolle

The coffee still had the metallic aftertaste, so I will wind up grinding the rest of the bag (64g left) before I go back to my nicer coffee but I will probably try a few more brew settings with these two brewers to get some solid starting grind settings to use for other beans.

Happy day fellers! Well, i’m up and moving about life’s cabin. So I thought a couple cups of joe would be delightful so I’ve partaken in its splendor. This morning i drank some of the mainly(there’s some other dark roast beans mixed in this bean container) San Francisco French Roast beans. Brewed using the Moccamaster and enjoyed by my ever too fortunate soul. Thank the Lord above and within for his patience with my heart- ever readying me to relish in all the wonders he has bestowed on his creation. Have a wonderful day and may the road rise up to meet you all on your personal journeys this day! Peace ✌️ fellers

This morning, I finished off the bag of Eight O'Clock Coffee -The Original (whole Bean) coffee for seasoning my new grinder.
I did probably four brews between the Hario Mugen using the April Coffee recipe and the Kalita Wave 155 using the Project Barista 155 Recipe.
I picked up good starting points for those recipes going forward with K-Ultra.

I then changed gears and brewed Longneck Coffee Roasters (Williamsburg, VA) - Mexico La Laja Honey Process with the Hario Switch using the Coffee Chronicler recipe (hybrid recipe). I think the metallic aftertaste of an unseasoned grinder is now gone (or at least greatly diminished) having run a bag of beans through the grinder.

Have a great day!

Same as yesterday at home so I filled my medium sized Bodum French Press with Cafe Du Monde Coffee with Chicory and made a Cafe Au Lait. Two teaspoons of brown sugar like I do. Eventually I will get some fresh beans for cold brew, but, super market coffee in the frech press is alright sometimes.
Still the same setup and coffee in my Bodum French Press. Will remain that way for a while as I am only half way through the can.

IMG_1251.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom