What's new

What's Your Brush Today?

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Simpsons Commodore, Art of Shaving Lavender Soap

proxy.php

Used my Rooney Finest 1/2. Loved looking down at the knot from above (fully bloomed) and just seeing white... no gaps... just white.

Really, two band hair in that density is absurd. I haven't a clue why no one else does a brush like that. That's what makes it amazing. Don't get me wrong, the hair itself is nice, but frankly If Shavemac stuffed their D01 2 band that tight, it'd be just as much of a revelation. Hell if Rooney packed their Two band Heritage hair that tight in a brush (XL line is dense, but doesn't touch Finest territory) it'd be awesome. Man, can you imagine if there were a TGN Finest with that density. It'd be what, $50-60? And it'd blow every other brush currently being made out of the water in so many ways.

Oh yeah, I used it with Irische Moos. After a five pass shave (for kicks), looking at the brush I couldn't tell I'd even started shaving. There was still a blossom of lather hovering around the knot, like I'd just finished bowl lathering and scooped the bottom of the bowl.

But yeah, density makes brushes lather hogs... let's keep telling ourselves that until it becomes true. :lol:

T&H Silvertip Badger Style I. A wonderful brush. Today used it to make an uberlather of shaveden's iced artic menthol + AK 1869! :thumbup:

Top Bottom