What's new

What's Your Breakfast?

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I caught a break from my usual role as the short order cook and ordered a cheese breakfast taco. My wife did a terrific job. As simple as they sound, they are actually a tad tricky. Put a bit of oil in the pan over low heat. When the floor of the pan is coated, pour off any excess. Beat eggs and a pinch of salt. Pour them into the pan and put a small pile of cheese across the middle in a line. Meanwhile, heat and lightly char the tortillas directly over another gas flame. Fold the eggs around the cheese. Flip the tube to brown the other side lightly. Cut the omelet like tube in half and put the halves on the tortillas. Top each taco with Herdez guacamole salsa.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Mrs. Hippie challenged me with making English Muffins. It went OK. So breakfast was a couple of split and toasted English Muffins. I'll make them a few times more then start over with a sourdough version.

O.H.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Mrs. Hippie challenged me with making English Muffins. It went OK. So breakfast was a couple of split and toasted English Muffins. I'll make them a few times more then start over with a sourdough version.

O.H.
If you have a good starter, here is an extremely easy version. Mix and knead one cup of starter, one cup of buttermilk, two cups of AP flour, one teaspoon of salt, and two tablespoons of sugar. I use turbinado. Add flour as required. Roll it out on a floured counter about half an inch thick. Cut muffins and let them rise on a baking sheet sprinkled with corn meal. When risen to your desired thickness (I like about an inch to a little over), cook on low heat on an ungreased griddle.

Chicken salad, veggies, and fruit.

IMG_3595.jpeg

I knew I would be using up some potato slices to have with my eggs this morning, but this was the hash that kept getting better as I remembered ingredients in my refrigerator. I started with cubing the potato slices and put them in a pan with butter, salt, pepper. I then cut up some onion, Canadian bacon, and three colors of pepper and tossed them in the pan. I finished it off with some parsley. I tossed a couple of over hard fried eggs on top, and it is so much better than the local diner!

Attachments

• IMG_9691.jpeg
    IMG_9691.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9692.jpeg
    IMG_9692.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_9694.jpeg
    IMG_9694.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9695.jpeg
    IMG_9695.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9696.jpeg
    IMG_9696.jpeg
    1,013.7 KB · Views: 6

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
I knew I would be using up some potato slices to have with my eggs this morning, but this was the hash that kept getting better as I remembered ingredients in my refrigerator. I started with cubing the potato slices and put them in a pan with butter, salt, pepper. I then cut up some onion, Canadian bacon, and three colors of pepper and tossed them in the pan. I finished it off with some parsley. I tossed a couple of over hard fried eggs on top, and it is so much better than the local diner!
Looks and sounds great, Rick. Enjoy your weekend, sir.

A buttered croissant sandwich with a fried egg, cheese and a 1/4 lb sausage patty. Split it with the missus. Very tasty, BTW. The buttered croissant elevates it somewhat over a biscuit or muffin.

Last edited:

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
A buttered croissant sandwich with a fried egg, cheese and a 1/4 lb sausage patty. Split it with the missus. Very tasty, BTW. The buttered croissant elevates it somewhat over a biscuit or muffin.
Nice to see you posting more, sir. Have a blessed Sunday.

Had about 12 ounces of grilled sirloin steak leftover from supper last night. Cut it up into bite size pieces and heated up to warm temp. Fried up four Eggland's Best large eggs in olive oil. The missus and I liked it. BTW, if you haven't tried Eggland's Best eggs before, give them a try. They are richer and have a creamier texture compared to store brand eggs, no matter how you prepare them. They make the best scrambled eggs and omelets you'll ever eat. Well worth the 20% extra you pay for them.

Top Bottom