What's new

What's Your Breakfast?

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Mrs. Hippie indulged a passion for devilled eggs, so I had three halves of an egg and a couple pieces of that darn toast. A reasonable breakfast, albeit a tad small. Starting to consider a midmorning snackie-poo...

O.H.

Today I had what i like to call hangover hash: saute up a diced onion (I sometimes add garlic too) then add ground beef, two or three chopped dill pickles, some leftover white rice then crack an egg or two in it. Maybe even cover with a slice or bit of cheese (I added a slice of Swiss).Oh, and don't forget a few dashes of hot sauce.

Last edited:

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
20231113_093520.jpg

Old Hippie

Mrs. Hippie rattled through one of the freezers yesterday and turned up my container of home-ground buckwheat flour. This prompted her to request buckwheat flapjacks this morning. (If a lady asks for them, are they "flapjills"?)

Enough for two old hippies plus a couple left over for the dog.

O.H.

Early morning appointment called for a visit to the local breakfast spot. Had a cup of coffee, western omelette, hash browns, English muffin. Came back home and went for a walk/jog after getting clearance earlier. After my exercise, I made a yogurt bowl.

Attachments

• IMG_8292.jpeg
    IMG_8292.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8293.jpeg
    IMG_8293.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_8310.jpeg
    IMG_8310.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2

Old Hippie

I messed up my bread schedule the other day so I'm running a day behind, and we're outta bread. Mrs. Hippie has a recipe for potato biscuits that she really likes, and this morning she fired up the wood cookstove in the kitchen to make a batch. Mmmm...fresh hot bikkies from a wood-fired oven. With home-churned butter and homemade apricot jam.

O.H.

Old Hippie

Zucchini Bread Waffles (ya kinda had to be there...) plus Mrs. Hippie's homemade chokecherry syrup from our own chokecherries. Black coffee. Yum.

O.H.

The Major & his CO had a treat on this entirely unremarkable Monday morning: grilled sticky buns from Ye Olde College Dinner near State College, PA.

Grilled-Stickies-1024x683.jpg

While the Major & his CO don't live especially close to State College (~4 hrs) nor are either of them Penn State alumni, we discovered these at a local supermarket, love them in their ungrilled form, and the Major decided that today represented a good time to grill them.

It was actually quite easy. It only took about 5 minutes per side, at medium heat, in a well grilled pan. As the Major's late father (PSU, 1963) might have said, the home-grilled stickies were very delicious with taste & flavor.

-MO

Top Bottom