What's new

What's with this body wash?

I hate the fact that it's become another thing that we need to "throw away" (recycle) the plastic container that the body wash comes in. A bar of soap dissolves away after use.

I use body wash but before I converted I used to love this soap and might go back to it now.
proxy.php

I recently switched from bar soap to body wash because of the hard chalky build up I get in my shower. It seems to have gone away with body wash. I understand many bar soaps contain talc which cakes on the walls/floor of the shower.

The minerals in hard water react with the fatty acids in bar soap and leave behind soap scum. Most, if not all, body washes have no fatty acids so there is no soap scum build up. I don't know of any bar soap that contains talc.

I recently switched from bar soap to body wash because of the hard chalky build up I get in my shower. It seems to have gone away with body wash. I understand many bar soaps contain talc which cakes on the walls/floor of the shower.

Several artisan shave soap makers - not surprisingly - also make excellent bar soap. QCS & Mama Bear's are the only two I've tried, but there are several. Great soap & great scents. No detergents. No more liquid soaps for me.

I have enjoyed reading this thread. Its kind of funny how many differing opinions there are on of all things......soap. Body soap at that. I have used many different types, brands, etc of soaps and they all did just fine. I am blessed with great skin that is damn near neutral. Not oily or dry so any product works fine for me. If the soap is to drying the skin naturally moisturizes it back to normal.

I will say that I lather with with a mesh sponge and currently using Cussons Imperial Leather. Lathers horribly but it smells great. It cleans me well:)

Dfigz said:
I hate the fact that it's become another thing that we need to "throw away" (recycle) the plastic container that the body wash comes in. A bar of soap dissolves away after use.

Well, you just have to throw it in recycle bin

Not complicated

Used to use a bar soap but it tended to dry out my skin. Zihr makes a good bar soap, but I like Dove's men body wash. Plus Axe make a mens type luffa that really does the job and only costs like $5.00 at CVS or Walgreens. To each his own, I mean it's frakin' soap any way you cut it. Body wash is easier and quicker to use IMO.

If you like bar soap BBW makes all kinds of soaps.

Last edited:
If soap drys out your skin, try to find a local artisan that makes lye soap. My wife makes hers from drain cleaner from Lowe's (it's lye just labeled as drain cleaner) and it's all natural and doesn't dry my skin, which is always really dry. There is usually someone in most local areas making real lye soap just this way and they're usually not that expensive.

@#$% body wash, each new product is supposedly better than the last, but it is nothing more than marketing to get more money from the consumer. personally I use all natural bar soaps.

I use both to make a superlather, I can get a good 3 pass wash from the same cloth. I am in contact with a potter to make a shower scuttle so my lather stays warm between passes. I will be marketing my after shower splash (my a*s*s*) for short as soon as I get the preliminary results back from the lab.

I use both to make a superlather, I can get a good 3 pass wash from the same cloth. I am in contact with a potter to make a shower scuttle so my lather stays warm between passes. I will be marketing my after shower splash (my a*s*s*) for short as soon as I get the preliminary results back from the lab.

Nice. :lol:

:w00t:

You just made this thread my friend! :w00t:

@#$% body wash, each new product is supposedly better than the last, but it is nothing more than marketing to get more money from the consumer. personally I use all natural bar soaps.

Ah, yes. I guess it is inconceivable that a product could be improved. Unless, of course, it's something you like and buy. Then, I'm sure, it's the best thing on the market. Like when they started adding shea butter to shave soaps. Marketing or new and improved?

Last edited:
Top Bottom