What's new

What's with this body wash?

How are you storing your soap? I have 3 or 4 bars going in the shower right now, none of them are remotely squishy or messy.

+1

I couldn't possibly see how a bar of soap gets squishy in the shower unless you leave in in some sort of un-drained depression or directly in the spray of the water from several other people taking showers.

If you have a quality bar of soap, take it out, place it in a dry place, don't leave it soaking in the shower.

Musago Real Soap on a Rope (Or Bar - but I found the rope convenient for the gym) - cheap, great smell, good longevity. Also Claus Porto and Caswell Massey are good.

Some people swear by L'occitane - its worth a try as nearly everyone lives close to a boutique but I find the longevity to be lacking compared to others in a similar price point.

+1

Our water is extremely hard at 15-18 gr. I get nasty scale in my water kettle and toilets, my tea and coffee has "layers" and pure soap lathers for crap. I am afraid of the inside of my water heater. I have hit or miss shaving lather because of the hardness.

I don't use bar soaps (nor detergent bars), I use man-scented body washes. I like how they smell, and I accept that I'm paying "more" for equivalently less product. Rigt now, I'm using both Dove Men+ Care and L'Occitan scent wash from L'Occitane. I do have a couple of bars (Florida Water and Spanish Fig & Nutmeg) that I may break out when one of those is used up, just to try them.

Our housemate uses Axe, though:ohmy:. Poor fellow.

I switched from body wash to bar soap about a year ago. As others have mentioned, body wash is more expensive than bar soap and also has more wasted- there are artisan soaps I can buy that don't even have a wrapper, just a bar code stuck to the soap - as compared to those big plastic bottles. I've been using Dr. Bronner's for the past few months and really like it, though I do plan to order some from Chagrin Valley at some point.

I'm about to make the switch. I grew up using bars but switched to liquid in college. I just recently started using Chagrin Valley bars for my hair, so I think when I'm done with the samples I have I will also order some soap bars and make the switch back.

Top Bottom