What's new

What's Cooking, 2015

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Dinner
beef ribs with sweet baby rays original bbq sauce, rice I just cooked, and sausage (can't see it)
not bad for a quick meal
plated on our finest china

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 120

martym

Aaron, I read that wrong and laughed my como se llama off!
thanks!!

I've been watching "Masterchef" again and Chicken Ballotines seem to be quite popular so I decided to give it a try. I followed a recipe from BBC Food quite closely...

Filling: took th emeat off two drumsticks and chopped it finely, and with a half a clove of garlic also chopped finely, briefly fried it off in a little EVOO. 100g packet of spinach leaves into salted boiling water for a few mins and then drained it off and squeezed all the water out. Put this, the chicken and about 75g of Ricotta cheese into a bowl and seasoned with S&P. Blitz it with a handblender until nice and smooth.

Chicken breast skinned and boned, flatten out between cling film. season with S&P, and add the filling, then roll into a sausage tightly wrapped in cling film. Knot up the ends.

I had some chicken stock in the freezer and used this to simmer the sausages for about 30 mins.

I used the pan I fried up the chicken in to make a sauce: in with the other half a clove of garlic, and a couple of glasses of Chardonnay, reduced down till quite thick and in with about a cupfull of the stock, reduced that again and put some fresh tarragon in. Once it was thick enough I finished it with a large dollop of creme fraiche.

Took the sausages out of the stock and unwrapped them - tricky job without burning one's fingers! Melted a little butter in a clean saute pan and briefly fried them to get a little colour and voila!

Attachments

• $11117233_10153751735593275_7432884737948340441_n.jpg
    $11117233_10153751735593275_7432884737948340441_n.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 89
"Black Pudding smoked on the BBQ with potato fritters and eggs."

Excellent! Made Breakfast burrito's for the kids this morning. :biggrin1:

For Dinner, pasta, meatballs, sausage, "gravery" (what my nana and aunts called the Sunday sauce with meat), pan-fried garlic toast, and 2012 All-Star Game Midsummer Classic Cabernet!

$4-12-15 dinner.JPG

Tom

martym

Just a quick meatloaf for work. Sides shall be chopped broccoli and Au Gratin taters. That's not a whole piece. It is two slices. I forgot: mushroom gravy too!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Tonight I made my favorite snack food, saucisson en croûte, here better known as pigs in blankets. I used Johnsonville brats wrapped in Pepperidge Farm puff pastry sheets. I love my piggies with spicy horesradish mustard and a cold beer. I don't eat these more often than once a month, because I'm very health-conscious.

hotwheels

I'm not a fan of traditional pigs in a blanket with standard Weiner's.....but those smokey type ones may be worth me trying.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Tonight I made my favorite snack food, saucisson en croûte, here better known as pigs in blankets. I used Johnsonville brats wrapped in Pepperidge Farm puff pastry sheets. I love my piggies with spicy horesradish mustard and a cold beer. I don't eat these more often than once a month, because I'm very health-conscious.

hotwheels

Try some Lottie's hot pepper sauce. It is a mustard based hot sauce and is perfect with sausages.

I've been watching "Masterchef" again and Chicken Ballotines seem to be quite popular so I decided to give it a try. I followed a recipe from BBC Food quite closely...

Filling: took th emeat off two drumsticks and chopped it finely, and with a half a clove of garlic also chopped finely, briefly fried it off in a little EVOO. 100g packet of spinach leaves into salted boiling water for a few mins and then drained it off and squeezed all the water out. Put this, the chicken and about 75g of Ricotta cheese into a bowl and seasoned with S&P. Blitz it with a handblender until nice and smooth.

Chicken breast skinned and boned, flatten out between cling film. season with S&P, and add the filling, then roll into a sausage tightly wrapped in cling film. Knot up the ends.

I had some chicken stock in the freezer and used this to simmer the sausages for about 30 mins.

I used the pan I fried up the chicken in to make a sauce: in with the other half a clove of garlic, and a couple of glasses of Chardonnay, reduced down till quite thick and in with about a cupfull of the stock, reduced that again and put some fresh tarragon in. Once it was thick enough I finished it with a large dollop of creme fraiche.

Took the sausages out of the stock and unwrapped them - tricky job without burning one's fingers! Melted a little butter in a clean saute pan and briefly fried them to get a little colour and voila!

impressive and delicious!

Top Bottom